RC Competitor

Air filter assembly getting chewed up

I am restoring a revo 3.3 that I bought used, and noticed that the carb and the air filter hose were all chewed up. So I put a new carb body in, went to attach the air filter hose thingy, and it touches the spur gear on the transmission??? No wonder the last one had a hole in it. Is there some sort of aftermarket air filter you can buy that wont touch the spur gear, or am I just doing something wrong?

RC Racer
    iv had the same prob a few times first time my chassis got bent a little.... and u cant really tell its bent unless u strip the hole truck every thing off the chassis and then stick in a vice and bend it back.... second time had a good crash and motor mount moved forward a little just enough to rub so i just loosen the mount a little and pull in back and as you tighten it up again ....use some blue lock to to keep it from moving again ...that and the part that is connected to the bulk head u can pull that back little bit to just try pushing everythinng with u motor back and see what happens .....if thats not it prob bent chassis
    Last edited by jordankeis; 05-06-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Also check the motor mount to see if it's broken. Some times it's broken but you can't see until you take it apart and it falls apart in your hands.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Competitor
    I did have the engine off when I first got it, everything seemed ok. didnt see any cracks or anything. Anyone have a picture so I can compare what it should look like?. I literally have about 1cm between the spur gear, and the air filter tube when its put together.

RC Racer
    i didnt have stuff all room between the spur and the airfilter base/carb

then realized later that i had lost a screw in my motor mount.. this also was the reason as to why i stripped a spur gear.
    OkGo Performance, RC Division.

RC Competitor
    After further investigation, I think something its wrong with the motor mount, so I ordered a new one and a chassis for 30 bucks on ebay.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2