RC Enthusiast

What is everyones running temp?

Used to running the 2.5 engine around 250 degrees but my 3.3 likes 190. Anyone else the same?

RC Qualifier
    Mine normally runs around 220-240ish with 30% nitro. My Revo 3.3 runs hotter, but it is bigger/heavier with less cooling through the front.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Enthusiast
    How fast does yours take off and how often does it wheelie?

RC Qualifier
    Ultra quick off the line, but I don't like wheelies. So I have the battery in the middle and slipper clutch just loose enough to get the wheels up a tad but they settle down quick. I prefer to have all the power to the ground and under control if possible. On a hot day I can get it I pop up mid-throttle on the straight aways.

--
    Nitro-J-Rod
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Enthusiast
    Awsome time to tune further

RC Qualifier
    Mine got to 368 degrees today is that good?
    Last edited by slayer17; 05-05-2012 at 11:59 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    that is really bad, it can cause alot of damage to the engine like a warped head....... ive been told it should be at 285 degrees max for a safe operating temperature

RC Enthusiast
    i usually run a steady 240-260

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    Uh, 368 would be really bad. Your motor will probably start loosing compression soon.

--
    Nitro-J-Rod
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Enthusiast
    as soon as my motor hit 320 it cooked the piston, easy way to tell, the motor will no longer start, order the part online and its going to cost you 45-60 bucks with shipping, more if you cant install it yourself

RC Qualifier
    No it still runs belive it or not. I had a problem and the head bolts loosen uped and it was leaking out of the head button wich it would cause it to run lean then my spur gear stripped and the motor reved high not real high but high and I couldn't get to it quick enough and I saw 368 on the temp gauge then I checked it with my laser temp guage and it was almost the same. I pulled the engine apart and realy no damage just a little detenation. I polished the top of the piston and head button tighten the head bolts and Im back in business. Still runs great and idles good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SVC Crazed View Post
    as soon as my motor hit 320 it cooked the piston, easy way to tell, the motor will no longer start, order the part online and its going to cost you 45-60 bucks with shipping, more if you cant install it yourself

RC Enthusiast
    Now that my friend is luck =) cheers

RC Qualifier
    Your motor shouldn't ever get above 270 degrees. Any hotter and you will just shorten the life span of your engine really fast. I always heard you want a 3.3 to run between 220 and 260.
    I have no stress because I am the best!

RC poster
    I drag race mine... 3 runs at a time... get the best times running close to 300 on my venom temp gauge.... I've never double checked with a feat gun or anything... but I been running that way for two months every Sunday about 8 tanks a day.. no problems...

RC Qualifier
    Thats cool, how many feet do you drag race on and what kind of speeds and ets are you seeing
    Quote Originally Posted by robbymorrison View Post
    I drag race mine... 3 runs at a time... get the best times running close to 300 on my venom temp gauge.... I've never double checked with a feat gun or anything... but I been running that way for two months every Sunday about 8 tanks a day.. no problems...

RC Racer
    150 is mine