RC Turnbuckle Jr. NStampede Freak's Avatar

Enabling channel 3&4 on 2channel TQi, possible?

Ok, I have torn apart my 2channel TQi and from looking at pictures it seems the only difference over the 4 channel ones is the switches. So I tried jumpering the 3&4 channel pads on the PCB to act as a switch and no dice.

So that would mean either there is another part missing on the board which I have not found yet or there is software differences, which would be worst case.

Just wondering if there was anybody else who has tried this yet?
    N Stampede 2.5R
    E Stampede VXL
    Tmaxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr. NStampede Freak's Avatar
    I think I just answered part of my own question. I followed the flow chart and attempted to "reverse direction of shift servo" . When I get to step 4, it says to press meny twice and the LED will blink 3X, well nothing happens when I press menu twice. So that kinda confirms my suspicion that there is software differences between TQi 2channel and TQi 4 channel. So now the question is how we read/write the memory dump do we change the software to 4 channel software? Possible with an idevice maybe?
    N Stampede 2.5R
    E Stampede VXL
    Tmaxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Daniel is already working on this...
    for the "old" LINK system, no software was needed. You would short out the board under certain conditions and it would open up the other channels. (I have done this with all 5 of my LINK radios)

EDIT:
    I just re-read my post... and realized it could be read in a mean tone.
    This definitely was not my intention... my intention was to let you know you are not alone in this project... hopefully Daniel will chime in and maybe give some pointers.
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 05-05-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Very interested!
    Mini Revo VXL 7107
    E-Maxx 3903 - He Lives!