RC poster

Unboxing video, TQI overview, 3s lipo gps, and nasty head to head crash.

Just got it today. Posted up an unboxing video followed by an overview of the specific TQi functions (burnout, stage, race). Got a local police officer to radar the car on 3s lipo and some heads up races. Sorry Nick for crashing you really bad! Pics coming soon.

RC Racer
    it doesnt look like fun......kinda need the dts to make it fun (the car is pointless with out)

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod306 View Post
    it doesnt look like fun......kinda need the dts to make it fun (the car is pointless with out)
    We continue to have fun with ours as we tune and get it to launch faster and faster. Practice until the timing system comes out

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice video! But, I still think any e-revo, 1/10 or 1/16, will kick it's butt...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

Lol. It has a GREEN Castle 2400 in it.

Edit: Just read the first ones come with green motors. It seems Castle didn't get the blue paint in the mail yet.
    Last edited by Petertje60; 05-06-2012 at 12:51 AM.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What's with the repetitive traction rolling? Has anyone else experienced this issue or was it just due to the local surfaces in the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    What's with the repetitive traction rolling? Has anyone else experienced this issue or was it just due to the local surfaces in the video?
    Loll,,, He's just taken this thing out of the box, maybe had a few runs on it.... It takes a little time to get things dialed in too. As well as the fact he's admitted he's never driven an RC dragster before.... Totally new type of beast to tame, don;t you think?

I find it amazing people can be so very critical of a product that hasn't even been in the hands of the public for any real length of time yet....
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I wasn't being critical at all, in fact I was just curious. I even left the door open for surface conditions being a possible cause. I came back to this thread to edit/remove my previous post as I had just viewed another thread that explained and answered most of my concerns.

I wasn't being critical at all, in fact I was just curious. I even left the door open for surface conditions being a possible cause. I came back to this thread to edit/remove my previous post as I had just viewed another thread that explained and answered most of my concerns.
    Yeah,,, I understand that, but still your question goes fairly mute since this RC really hasn't had a chance to be ran, for users to learn their new models. Even those who have one it's a new beast to get dialed in.....
    I put together any new RC, and I know it takes me about a month before I'm happy....
    Robin Williams

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No, my question was not mute as this was the first time I had seen this vehicle operated by someone other than Traxxas or Air Age Media. Looking back in hindsight because there was another thread further down in the list that had already addressed this issue (but unknown to me at the time), then yes, my question was maybe redundant. That is why I went back to edit/remove it, however you had already used it as a quote. It was certainly a legitimate question and I asked that question with no harm intended, please accept it as such.
    Last edited by Jakey; 05-07-2012 at 09:59 AM.

No, my question was not mute as this was the first time I had seen this vehicle operated by someone other than Traxxas or Air Age Media. Looking back in hindsight because there was another thread further down in the list that had already addressed this issue (but unknown to me at the time), then yes, my question was maybe redundant. That is why I went back to edit/remove it, however you had already used it as a quote. It was certainly a legitimate question and I asked that question with no harm intended, please accept it as such.
    You will not get enough information on people's experiences at this time.. Different people are going to have different experiences. The Dragsters are just starting to trickle out to the public.

If you want to base information an a select few people, be my guest, but my point is you will not get a valid consensus...

I never thought your question was to create any problem, I just wanted to make a valid point... When we see more of these Dragsters out there and being used, we will learn more of any quirks or setup techniques developed or needed....
    Robin Williams

this is the video that appeared to be taken on a very windy day as well isnt it? Or at least the audio leads me to believe that. this is a big car that will be quite unstable with any real cross wind. Just like the 1:1 cars.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    ... If you want to base information an a select few people, be my guest, but my point is you will not get a valid consensus...
    I didn't base information on anyone, I simply asked a question. And I even offered explanations as to why I asked the original question and how afterwards I found answers and wanted to edit/remove my original question. Geez, what a trip this is!!!!!!!
    OK, I get it.

RC poster
    When I took the video it was windy that day. The differences in drivability was minor with head, tail, and cross winds.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I'm not going to lie... This was one un impressive performance. I think a very very small part of the problem is the operators obviously do not understand the point of the burnout. A short one second burnout is not enough time to get the tires hot enough to improve grip. You need to be doing a solid 5 second or more burnout before the run. You should be able to feel that the tires are hot.

Other than that, the car just didn't look impressive. I'm by no means a hater... It's just not my thing. But I'm glad anyone wanting a dragster can now have one with cool features. I just don't get it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion

Smile

I didn't base information on anyone, I simply asked a question. And I even offered explanations as to why I asked the original question and how afterwards I found answers and wanted to edit/remove my original question. Geez, what a trip this is!!!!!!!
    OK, I get it.
    Don't let it happen again!

Also Unimpressed.

RC Racer
    hate to say it , same here unimpressed
    i bet that if i stuff a 2400 in my rusty it would give that funny car a run for its money

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My posts to this thread were not meant to criticize the car, Traxxas or any person, but rather just asking about a problem that was apparent in this one video. I am seriously considering purchasing two of these cars along with the timing system, so I believe my question was relevant. In doing so I meant nothing more and nothing less.

My posts to this thread were not meant to criticize the car, Traxxas or any person, but rather just asking about a problem that was apparent in this one video. I am seriously considering purchasing two of these cars along with the timing system, so I believe my question was relevant. In doing so I meant nothing more and nothing less.
    Jakey,,, First I want to be clear, I did not take this as criticizing a Traxxas product by any means.
    You had asked
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey
    Traction rolling can be caused by setup easily, or surface, winds, or a combination of all the above... There aren't many people who have these things in their hands yet. So I thought a point to remember would be the fact you aren't going to get a lot of accurate info this way yet....

There aren't a lot of experienced RC Drag racers, Typical of Traxxas to venture into a class of racing others aren't in yet. They like to lead.... So it's very hard to get comparisons from experienced RC drag racers. Many will be conjecture or opinions based without going through the Famous "Learning Curve"...

Sorry if I was not clear about that. Many people come here and read posts who aren't even members of the forum but want to see any Buzz about a Traxxas product they own or want to own. My post was not only for you but for everyone who reads... If' I've got this wrong? My bad...

It's all good in my book Jakey...
    Robin Williams

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    ... It's all good in my book Jakey...
    OK, understood. Thank you!!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    A short one second burnout is not enough time to get the tires hot enough to improve grip. You need to be doing a solid 5 second or more burnout before the run. You should be able to feel that the tires are hot.
    The video was edited. The tires had received a long burnout and in subsequent runs, longer burnouts, clearly smelling the tires, and to the touch, they are hot. It helps but still doesn't allow you to launch super hard on reguler asphault.