RC Champion

Any way to reconfigure the radio to work like this?

Hi guys,
    I'm been thinking about this in anticipation of getting my Summit, and now that it's finally here, I'm wondering if I can do this:

Use the Three position switch to control BOTH the Hi/Low transmission AND the diff lockers. Basically, I want
    1) Low gear+LOCKED,
    2) Low gear+UNLOCKED,
    3) High gear+UNLOCKED

I'll never want to run in high gear with them locked, and any time I need to lock a diff, I basically want them all locked. That would free up the rocker switch for something like a lights on/off switch, or jump-jacks, or something cool like that. J/K about the jump-jacks, though I would seriously consider something like that for my rustler... I've actually thought about retractable wings on the rustler... flying car! Ok, I got off-topic...

Anyway to rig up the radio/rx like that? (maybe using y-splitters?)
    Two Rusty VXLs, M2Ks 18/83 - Tag! You're it!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I do not think it is possible to do what you want with the 3 position switch.

It is actually wired:
    both unlocked = front servo active, rear servo inactive
    front locked = front servo inactive, rear servo inactive
    front and rear locked = front inactive, rear active

It does not help that the third channel is a three position channel vs the two position channels of 4 and 5.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    You could buy a "y" harness and harness the two diff servos together and place them into the rx slot where the rear diff servo is then place the tranny. Into the rx slot where front diff servo is. You may have to change slots depending what you are trying to achieve.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I do think the thumb switch can be made to control Low & locked and high & unlocked.
    It would take two Y harnesses and possibly a signal reverser.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    This is exactly how I have mine set up. An additional benefit is that there is never a setting where the kids can run it in high gear with either of the diffs locked.
    CH4 - both diff lock servos run from a Y harness
    CH5 - high/low gear servo
    You may need to go through the menu tree of the TX and reverse one or both of the channels to get the desired result.
    CH3 - free to use as you please

RC Champion
    Sweet! Thanks, WantaSummit... I thought it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll just need to get me a Y-harness. Why harness? Why not! And a switch for the lights on Ch 3... This will be fun!
    Two Rusty VXLs, M2Ks 18/83 - Tag! You're it!