RC Qualifier

vxl mustang questions

i;m picking up a set of foam tires today so i can have more grip on the road is there a better pinion to use than stock for speed without over heating anything ?

also would it be a good idea to cut some air holes in the body for cooling?
    how many rc trucks does one person need lol

RC poster
    Air flow will help cool everything. What gearing do you have now? Increasing the pinion size will result in an increase in top speed but will heat the motor more. You could just get a few pinions that are larger and experimentally test this. That is what I do.

I am running a 23t with stock Rally tires and can run for 30 minutes without overheating. It is not super fast.

RC Qualifier
    i ask the lhs guy today about that and he told me to go with the 23 tooth also what a difference with the foam tires i put wide ones on the back and regular on the from that thing scats now still has a little slip for cornering but sure digs in and goes now i want to get a 3s lipo for it. but it sure is much better than the stock tires

RC poster
    I have wide foams on all 4 corners and it is pretty good on asphalt. I have 24mm touring car tires and the HPI X-pattern tires on the way to try out. In the meantime I plan to do the rocker modification to change the push rod position on the rocker and increase my shock oil.

RC Qualifier
    i think i read a thread awhile back about shimming the differentials do you know anything about that? is it a nessacary upgrade?
    and with better traction do i need to change the oil in the differentials too?

RC Competitor
    Shimming isn't totally necessary unless you have a MERV or a Summit VXL. I have been waiting to see if I have problems before I do any shimming and I have yet to have problems there.
    You can drive my car, but there's a $500 deposit.

RC Qualifier
    thank you that what i was hoping to hear. the foam tires have really made a difference with the handling the car is awesome now

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    If you are going to be running tires with grip... I am willing to bet shimming is required.
    It is not hard to do and only costs $3-4... a small price to pay to help keep the $15 gear set from getting destroyed.

Setting up your bulkhead
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-your-bulkhead
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    i ask lhs guy when i bought the foam tires if i needed to shim the diff and he said i did not but i was sure i had read the thread about shimming thanks for the info

RC poster

auto body

hello

i have a little problem with fixing the auto body on the chassis. when i put the body on the chassis i have nothing to fix it, so it falls down every 5 meters. what did you do to avoid that problem?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Body posts.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.