RC Qualifier

Only posting Traxxas rules

Had a few questions about the posting rules on this forum. I am in the process of building a project vehicle and would like to post a build thread on this forum. My question is, what are my limits? This car is going to be 70-80% Traxxas. What parts would qualify this vehicle as being a " Traxxas". The frame will not be Traxxas. I dont wont to overstep my boundaries.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

Is it based on any particular model?
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Not really. Its going to have parts from a few different ones.

RC Champion
    Post it! As long as you aren't talking about another brand specifically, I'd think you'd be ok.

this question was asked before and a traxxas employee answered back by saying, it has to be a traxxas chassis to not break the rules, like getting a tmaxx chassis, jato, 4tec, revo, emaxx etc. and then you can put whatever parts on it from other brands non traxxas and its allowed just dont give support on those parts as well.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    this question was asked before and a traxxas employee answered back by saying, it has to be a traxxas chassis to not break the rules, like getting a tmaxx chassis, jato, 4tec, revo, emaxx etc. and then you can put whatever parts on it from other brands non traxxas and its allowed just dont give support on those parts as well.
    I am trying to get some clarification on this.... So give me a little time to get an answer. I'll post it as soon as I get the info...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Ok great. Thanks guys. Let me know.

RC Champion
    Well, Snook has built a completely different vehicle and his thread has not been deleted.
    I'm referring to his "MPH Challenge" thread.
    Matthew 7:7

Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    Well, Snook has built a completely different vehicle and his thread has not been deleted.
    i think on his the thing is he is not using a non traxxas branded product as far a chassis is concerned and most of his parts are custom made by himself.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 05-03-2012 at 11:18 PM.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    His product is being made from mostly TMAXX parts and custom hand made parts as well... Not a mish mosh of Traxxas parts from different models.... I'm not saying anything more...

It's a gray area, I said I am trying to get clarification on this, Now I can just lock this thread and be done with it. But give a guy a chance will ya? I don't work at Traxxas I'm just a volunteer trying to help out.
    Sheesh
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Thank you Nitronaught for checking on this. I dont want to start any wars, just want to know what the limits are. Some parts will be hand made, and some from other brands. I just didnt know what percent of parts or main parts have to be Traxxas.

Quote Originally Posted by bloody wheels View Post
    Thank you Nitronaught for checking on this. I dont want to start any wars, just want to know what the limits are. Some parts will be hand made, and some from other brands. I just didnt know what percent of parts or main parts have to be Traxxas.
    I understand and normally if people have questions about things like this best to send a PM directly to a moderator so we can get a determination without having it trigger off a bunch of thoughts and comments from others.

Don't get me wrong, it's just a way to save clutter in the forums. I'm going to lock this thread at this time and I shall unlock it when a get some clarification. This is only to hold off on any questions for now until I can have some clear answers.

So dont' get this wrong, it's only being locked until clarifiacation is given.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

Update, everyone please read before posting...

Based on the fact the build is using a majority of Traxxas parts and the thread stays on the topic of the actual build it should not be a problem.

Here's some guidelines that are in the TMAXX forum, I'm trying to see if it gets moved to the online community behavior rules area. But if these guidelines are followed it should be all good.

Now let the build begin, I want pics, details after the chasing I've done on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Guidelines for discussing aftermarket parts
    In response to questions we have received regarding the removal of threads about other manufacturer’s parts, we are posting these guidelines to help you know what content is acceptable and what content will be removed. Please be aware that moderators do not delete content solely on the basis that it mentions a non-Traxxas, aftermarket part. The determining factor is whether the discussion is application or service related.

The moderators will allow discussion regarding:
    1. Pros and cons of purchasing an aftermarket part for your Traxxas vehicle.
    2. Sharing your experiences, either bad or good with a particular part.
    3. Posting what it took to install the part and what you had to modify to make it work in your Traxxas vehicle.

Please note that these issues are specifically related to the application of that product in your Traxxas vehicle. The Traxxas message board is not the place to discuss how to repair, setup, or otherwise service other manufacturer’s parts. It is the manufacturer’s responsibility to dedicate resources and provide that type of information and support for their customers. Here are examples of things that will get your post deleted and, if you persist, get you warning points.

1. Posting specification questions or answers about a non-Traxxas part.
    2. Posting repair and troubleshooting tips for non-Traxxas parts.
    3. Posting where to find the lowest priced parts for non-Traxxas parts (other than a simple direction to check at your LHS).
    4. Attempting to get troubleshooting information for a non-Traxxas part

If you purchase a non-Traxxas aftermarket part for your model, we suggest that you first know and understand what kind of support is available for that part directly from the manufacturer. If they cannot provide accurate, timely, and reliable support, do not look to the Traxxas message board as a substitute. Traxxas moderators will not allow technical support related discussion for non-Traxxas aftermarket parts. If you have problems with a non-Traxxas part you will need to contact the manufacturer directly or consult the LHS where you purchased the part. If you have questions regarding this policy, please PM the forum moderators.

Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Man, what a nice mod nitronaught is... hehe.

For interest sake, I built an LCG slash from scratch. when I was done, i think the only parts on it that were actual traxxas parts were the Transmission case,, top shaft, idler gear and some misc screws... the rest was all aftermarket. It was allowed because it was all based on an original traxxas truck... it was a slash, but nothing about it was from a slash.

These are good answers to have though and really should be included in the forum rules. Maybe an amendment or sub section or something.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Glad I came upon this thread - would like to do a build thread on a Traxxas powered crawler (esc , motor , servo, transmission , some links , driveshafts and what other Traxxas parts I have in the bins LOL . Custom made cage/frame with a Stampede body . I think the only the purchased parts I see I need to purchase are the axles . Even using all star wheels .

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Based on the fact the build is using a majority of Traxxas parts and the thread stays on the topic of the actual build it should not be a problem.

Here's some guidelines that are in the TMAXX forum, I'm trying to see if it gets moved to the online community behavior rules area. But if these guidelines are followed it should be all good.

Now let the build begin, I want pics, details after the chasing I've done on this...

[/B][/U]
    Thanks for the research
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    Yes, thank you for all the hard work. Now that its cleared up...... on with the build.