RC poster

Waterproofing my Maxx 3.3

Alright folks, I am an official N00b so take it easy on me, First post but plenty of them read.

Working on Waterproofing my 4907 Maxx. So I've been looking on forums/ interwebs and have found that the 2056 Servo is the waterproof version of the stock steering servo. Now i'm curious what i can replace my stock 2018 throttle/brake servo with for an upgrade/waterproof unit. Had my Maxx for 1.5 gal fuel and always irritated/apprehensive to rip my truck around in wet conditions. Since Chicagoland can see 3 seasons in a day i want to be prepared for any weather conditions. tuning aside just wanna seal anything i can on my truck.

Any thoughts/suggestions??? Thanks in Advance!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    you can use the 2056 WT servo as your throttle/brake and get the 2075 WT. its got 125oz of torque,<------ I believe, correct me if im wrong.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    You are correct 2075 WP is the same as the Non WP 2070 125oz torque.

RC poster
    Awesome, ok, now that i've got your attention. I may or may not have an idea for product development. A certain competitor advertises "splash-proof" models. After eyeballing specs i've noticed an airfilter cover/case that appears to reduce moisture intake to the motor via the air filter . Anyone know of any mods to the airfilter housing to achieve the same results? it's almost like a snorkel on an off-road full sized vehicle. Btw thanks for the quick responses Max & Huma!

RC Qualifier
    I just use a motor saver filter which has a "splash proof" outer screen, with 2 stage inner foam elements.

BTW I use two 2075 servos on my maxx one for throttle and one for steering with a Revo 1200 mah nimh flat pack! It's money!
    Last edited by Maxximum Overdive; 05-02-2012 at 10:47 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxximum Overdive View Post
    I just use a motor saver filter which has a "splash proof" outer screen, with 2 stage inner foam elements.

BTW I use two 2075 servos on my maxx one for throttle and one for steering with a Revo 1200 mah nimh flat pack! It's money!
    Awesome! So do you run in rain/very moist conditions? and with that revo flat pack any mods necessary or is that something that will fit in stock battery box?

RC poster
    I like to run my truck in a large flood plain/school yard and it has a tendency for bad drainage. already ripped through some truck ruts that have been holding water days after raining. Don't wanna be slapping my forehead in frustration with a hydrolocked motor.

RC Qualifier
    I do run in moist conditions to a point. You have to be careful because no matter how good you try to water proof, ill garantee its not good enough. Think of it as making your truck "water resistant". I ditched the stock battery box for the ofna violator tank mod which is a must for any true Tmaxx owner. I removed reverse so the flat pack sits nicely where the servo used to be. You will need the optional on off switch with charge jack part#3035. It may fit in the box but you will need the switch to do it right. You can also get a hump pack, but I just prefer the lower profile and a little bit better Mah.

RC poster
    hmmm ill be checking that flat pack out for sure. but i've got my eyes on running an entire secondary fuel tank to feed into my main. i havent come across anyone that's done it but im sure someone has. Correct me if i'm wrong but theory tells me i can run a second tank, run pressure line to the exhaust, and run the fuel feed line to the port on my original tank where the pressure line would go. I believe it would feed the main fuel tank from the secondary without even lowering fuel level in the main until secondary was empty. a bit long winded but instead of a 145cc tank mod i can have 2x 125cc tanks and essentially doubling my run time. of course i would have to relocate or remove batt. box.

Yup it's been done. Do the Violator tank mod(use 2 if you want) but one is more than sufficient.

To try to keep the filter dry use a hollowed out paint spray can lid.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    Yup it's been done. Do the Violator tank mod(use 2 if you want) but one is more than sufficient.

To try to keep the filter dry use a hollowed out paint spray can lid.
    How did you fasten the lid to the filter housing? Thats a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by wrencher11 View Post
    How did you fasten the lid to the filter housing? That's a great idea!
    Found this idea in the Revo forum, for running in the snow but see no reason why it won't keep water off the filter here in Florida!

You make an appropriate sized hole in the middle of the lid for the knob on the air filter to poke out of & the put the retainer clip back on the filter.

Last edited by Wildman4910; 05-03-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    I am doing the same thing.

All the servos are waterproof

I did a different modification for the air filter:

Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=Maxximum Overdive;5161010]I just use a motor saver filter which has a "splash proof" outer screen, with 2 stage inner foam elements.

I think you're talking about the Outerwears cover?
    Hows that working for you?
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    I use the SAV100 motor saver that has the micron screen which repels water and dirt. I know what the outersavers (Outerwares) are, and the screen that is on my motor saver is actually made out of the same stuff. My LHS genious gave me the motor saver for a Savage when I asked for the Tmaxx version. In my excitment to install I didn't relize till it was opened. The filter seems to do really good with water to a point, almost like it is coated in teflon. I definitly wouldn't trust it with full submersion in water. Otherwise it's been great!
    Last edited by Maxximum Overdive; 05-03-2012 at 04:07 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    Found this idea in the Revo forum, for running in the snow but see no reason why it won't keep water off the filter here in Florida!

You make an appropriate sized hole in the middle of the lid for the knob on the air filter to poke out of & the put the retainer clip back on the filter.

That's simple enough! Thanks and double thanks for the pics!

RC Racer
    That paint can lid is a nice idea. And it don't look to bad either.

I've run in the rain plenty of times without any special contraption on my air filter. Never damaged an engine by running in the rain. A body and a well oiled air filter is all I've ever used.

The main concern when driving in the rain is keeping the electronics dry.
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

RC poster
    Thanks to all for the awesome info and insight on my current project. Now to get the money!!! With the info you guys have given me i'm confident i'll be having near year round fun rippin jumps & tearing up the local bmx track after hours. I'll post some pics once i get everything done.