Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21

    What would be the ultimate X0-1?

    I realize they are ultimate in their own right, but what would it take to make it truly the baddest it could be? I ask for very real reasons too. When I get bored with my 1/16 scales and want to go all out speed crazy, I want to get into heavily modding a roller. So, if money isn't an issue, what do you think would be the fastest setup keeping reliability? Double edged sword? Maybe, but I'm just curious.

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    supposedly this if you got the Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by bazookamaxx View Post
    Lehner 3040 (1313 kv) motor, shulz fut-xxl-40.333WK, on 10s for bashing 12s for speed with 2 max amps 150 amp guaranteed lipos (only because they will have to replace them over and over for free

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    736
    Well, first invest in uppgrades that add stability, speed isnt hard to achieve, when you got grip, aero, and straight line stability. Invest in good shocks, tyres, and a gyro. Also some weight in the front, preventing the car to catch air. Then its all about tweaking the settings. Also good batteries, no over priced lmax amps. I would recomend Hyperion for example. Also uppgrade some parts to rpm, since xo1 uses some parts from the old traxxas trucks i believe. I dont know about the quality of stock parts on xo1, but i got a rustler vxl, most plastic parts are weak and garbage.

    Bad doesnt have to be all about money, but chousing the right parts for the job. A "slower" xo1 can be more bad than one with 500+ dollars invested, why? well, because the slower on has better parts for the value that suits the owners purpose.

    Thats why i think all those blinged out alloy rc is waste of cash, totally unfunctional for hard activities like bashing, racing, and speed running. Some alloy parts can be used thoug.....

    Also a purpose built speedrunner with to much power is unfunctional for all other driving than in straight line 30 seconds run.


    Please refrain from any offensive language. When you see ** replacing words you wrote, edit them out.
    Last edited by Double G; 05-03-2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: language

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21
    That's good to know. I'll have to look into the Lehner and do some research. What is shulz fut-xxl-40.333WK?

    I've never been one much for bling or shelf queens. More about function and durability. What shocks would be considered an upgrade aside from the original shocks?

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXX View Post
    That's good to know. I'll have to look into the Lehner and do some research. What is shulz fut-xxl-40.333WK?

    I've never been one much for bling or shelf queens. More about function and durability. What shocks would be considered an upgrade aside from the original shocks?
    Esc is answer to your 1st question. I think the GTRs are decent enough for what most XO-1s go thru. As a matter of fact I'm willing to bet I could throw a set of bargain bin shocks on the XO-1 and still pulloff multi km hi-speedruns with no issues. Just tune them, no need for fancy new ones unless you are trying to set lap records at a track. Expensive shocks won't stop crashes. If you don't crash, alloy is good for stability (weight) on speedruns thats about it. The bad is if you crash it will rip off the stock plastic its attached to. I'd rather break the arms cuz they're a dime a dozen. Other than decent batts and the lehner I don't think there is much to do to the car modification wise (other than blingyness) that couldn't be done for cheaper by just having it set up properly. If I had a real Lamborghini I wouldn't put anything aftermarket on it.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post

    Also a purpose built speedrunner with to much power is unfunctional for all other driving than in straight line 30 seconds run.

    I beg to differ.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    Esc is answer to your 1st question. I think the GTRs are decent enough for what most XO-1s go thru. As a matter of fact I'm willing to bet I could throw a set of bargain bin shocks on the XO-1 and still pulloff multi km hi-speedruns with no issues. Just tune them, no need for fancy new ones unless you are trying to set lap records at a track. Expensive shocks won't stop crashes. If you don't crash, alloy is good for stability (weight) on speedruns thats about it. The bad is if you crash it will rip off the stock plastic its attached to. I'd rather break the arms cuz they're a dime a dozen. Other than decent batts and the lehner I don't think there is much to do to the car modification wise (other than blingyness) that couldn't be done for cheaper by just having it set up properly. If I had a real Lamborghini I wouldn't put anything aftermarket on it.
    I wouldnt either

  8. #8
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21
    Somewhere, maybe on here, I read something about Leopard motors and running 8s. Does anyone know anything about these setups?

  9. #9
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Central, WI.
    Posts
    235
    How about traction control ?? That would be nice.

  10. #10
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    216
    You have traction control standard. Its called your trigger finger.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •