RC Racer

Might get rid of my xo-1 and go back to the erbe

I dont know but im just not satisfied as far as the speed goes for starters i was killed today by a erbe geared 24/54 this car is just a dog off the line and it lacks the ability i need in a race to be able to punch the throttle and go as of right now im sure in a MILE race it cant be touched topping out at 100 mph but my concern and gripe is for the quarter mile races

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Gear down from a 34 pinion to a 25 or 23 if you want to run against that E-revo. I have a BL E-Revo Geared 24/54 and have it doing wheelies down the block...fun truck. But the XO-1 is a different animal all together. Trust me, dont get rid of it. Im running 2 XO-1's right now set up differently. When i run the 25/46 gearing, which is still quick and a blast, then run the E-revo 24/54 on 6s? Im sorry, i love my E-revo, but there is no comparing, that XO-1 is 2DQ. The only thing that is different is running my aftermarket transmitter to your stock TQI. My other XO-1 set up just like yours is for high speed runs only, no fun bashing with the E-Revo there.

RC Qualifier
    One more thing, this has not been talked about yet, that i have seen. 3 weeks back i went into the esc and bumped the torque limiting up in the 34/46 XO-1 to .7 from stocks .5 or so i thought, turns out when i set it back to default it was at 8.1 (way too much). Take off was a little insane it got sideways after about 4 seconds and slammed into a boulder in a neighbors yard. Only broke side skirt, got airborne skipping in thier yard, looked nasty, a little gunshy now with settings. Normaly i have a feather finger so everything on all the other cars are at 100% no torque or punch control. Not sure if i hit some loose gravel or the street was dirty or what. Lets see if anyone else can chime in on this. Try .6, watch temps, and still gear down.

RC Racer
    gene c thanks for the words of encouragement i think i need to just play around a little bit more with the gearing and such

RC Qualifier
    Perfect! No prob.

RC Qualifier
    Problem fixed. Ufoman52 gave an opinion that was just validated outside a few minutes ago. Shut your torque limiting off in the esc. Now granted, your probably going to have to learn how to drive this thing all over again. From a few test runs on the 100 mph gearing, you can't come out of the hole pegging the throttle in the street. With the limiting being off its like you unpluged the traction control on a 700 hp CTSV "if it were posible". Ease into it, in this case, don't change your gearing yet. Try your set up first. Im going to test the other XO-1 now.

RC Qualifier
    Well.....in the street the 25 tooth responds well at 70%. Its about 95 deg out here so the tires shoud be soft enough. But with torque limiting off it came unglued and was hard to control when it lost traction. Maybe on a concrete parking lot it would run better with it off, but not on asphalt. Also put the 34 tooth at 60% for now. Going to have to work my way into it. Let me know what you come up with.