RC poster

merv to a mini summit

i am deciding if i want to change my merv to a mini summit or a rally car.

I was hoping someone had a parts list or has done this conversion themselves to give me some pointers in getting this done. Also if anyone had an opinion on good dirt tires other than the stock summit tires

RC Qualifier
    For tires, use Dirt Hawg I (it's a rear buggy tire) all around. Most people go from summit to merv, so I'll advise against going from merv to summit. For the rally, I can't say, but it will limit your driving to pretty much on-road only. Keep it as a merv, and here's some motivation:

RC Champion
    parts lists are located on the support pages of each vehicle in the products tab.

long travel rockers
    front and rear body mounts
    blue code springs (stiffer)
    55 spur gear
    16 pinion gear (your choice) something in that range....refer to the summit manual (online)for the gear options
    front and rear bumpers
    body
    wheels

I think that is all that is different aside from the rear A-Arms on the summit have a 10mm sweep back(makes the wheelbase 10mm longer). I didnt spend the money on this part, nor did I change to the summit drive shafts...they are a point of failure and most are replacing the summit shafts with Merv shafts for the strength anyway.

But I suppose I should say....

Rear A-Arms
    Summit drive shafts

If you are changing to a rally, you will need to change the A-arms, drive shafts, springs, front "bumper", gears, body mounts and I think the shocks have a stopper inside to make them shorter.
    Last edited by Redsawacs; 05-02-2012 at 04:26 PM.

RC poster
    That is motivation, i really wanted the long travel so that it can handle more aggressive terrain, but from the sound of what you guys are saying plus what i read maybe i should change the tires and suspension placement?

i just want a better merv (although i like my merv, any thoughts?

RC Competitor
    if you convert it to a rally get the hpi rally tires and mesh wheels

RC Qualifier
    Unfortunately, you'll need a larger car for more aggressive terrain.