Thread: Dead TQi

RC poster

Dead TQi

Hi!
    I just got my new stampede, Tqi radio and iphone doc pad, recived the update today and after that i went in to traning mode for my son to try it out, the radio got dead after that. I have mailed support but dunno how long time before they answer so might try on the forum aswell.
    Any one have any idea? i have tried new batteries ofc, and replaced the dock pad with the original, and checked the contact in the handle. I guess i have to reset the transimiiter firmware somehow, any1 here have any ideas??

Best Regards
    Robert

RC Champion
    The radio got dead? What do you mean? The link stopped working, or the batteries died?

Call them, they have a toll-free number and are awesome to deal with on the phone!

RC poster
    Na batteries are fine, it just dosent power up, the led dosent turn green or any color and no connection to reciver or the iphone.

Ill call them on monday i guess, i live in sweden so its a 7hour hop in time to texas, to bad im going to my sis and her kiddos on monday and was kind of hoping to bring the stampede with me to playaround with at there summer house. but guess thats just bad luck. Ill call em and see what they say.

I hope they have some kind of way to factory reset the transmiterfirmware

ps sry for my spelling hope u can read it and understand
    Last edited by zodac; 06-30-2012 at 05:00 PM.

RC Racer
    We've heard of a few failing now on here. Same fault, unit is just completely dead.
    So far everyone that has bothered to post how they resolved it has simply returned it & had it replaced. (Me included.)

RC Qualifier
    Mines just died to

RC Competitor
    I've killed four of them now.
    I won't buy any more, which is a shame because if it was more stable and reliable it would be the only radio system I'd ever need.

RC poster
    Same problem... got Docking base.. installed to transmitter. worked great for a couple of hours.... then... charged batteries between races, and the transmitter would no longer turn on!! no led. NADA! called traxxas and they said to send it in b/c when the firmware updated somthing went wrong and they need to give it to engineering department to "flash" the firmware... whatever that means... ive seen a lot of problems online with docking base... kinda makes me regret wasting 50 bucks on it! PLEASE FIX IT TRAXXAS!!!

RC poster
    Hi Guys... I have a Traxxas Ken Block with TQI with ipod touch... I have 3 more cars including a Revo 5309, Vorza and a Savage X... I`ve installed the tqi receiver in all of my Cars.. All of then was working properly but this weekend i had some troubles with tqi in my Savage... I used Revo, Fiesta and Vorza but my trothle servo gone crazy in Savage... I thought the problem was the servo then i tooked out that one and installed another one from better quality... The problem persists... Then i changed the channel of the trothle servo to channel 1 with the steering servo... It worked properly... Consequently the problem is with the TQI Receiver because in another cars it was running fine... I lost 2 servos in this car and i don`t want to loose anymore...
    Was i the one "randomly chosen" to buy a tqi receiver with troubles??? Can anyone help me with this receiver???