Thread: Dyno

RC Enthusiast

Dyno

I would like to get a Dyno that is the YouTube Video dose any one where I could get one?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    from the hobby expo video?

Dude its not a dyno.... its just a set of rollers. You can build your own if you walk into a hardware store.

RC Enthusiast
    I need one Built for my XO-1

Can someone build me one?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?em4tqk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What exactly do you need? Because I don't think you're quite sure yet.

Do you want a set of rollers just to rev your car up on like in the video? Ummmm ok, whats your budget?

ORRRR do you really want a chassis dyno for a rc car? Because that gets talked about a lot.... but I'm not aware of any functioning dyno's on the market.

PLUS.......

You gotta think about how an electric motor works. In theory at least the power output of an electric motor is going to be flat across the rpm range. The torque is going to look a little like a graph of y=1/x

So what exactly does that tell you? In terms of electric performance, we're usually worried about amps and voltage.... things that cannot be measured on a dyno. There are some excellent watt meters out there which you can use to find amps, watts, volts at various rpm levels.

At that point with a little math you could reverse engineer out the dyno graph you're probably imagining right now.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If you have a XO-1, then you likely have a iphone. There are "dyno" apps that will calculate power based off acceleration. You could mount your phone in the car, go do some hard passes, see what comes out.... best part on that one is its free! (assuming you have a idevice and opt for one of the free dyno aps)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    What exactly do you need? Because I don't think you're quite sure yet.

Do you want a set of rollers just to rev your car up on like in the video? Ummmm ok, whats your budget?

ORRRR do you really want a chassis dyno for a rc car? Because that gets talked about a lot.... but I'm not aware of any functioning dyno's on the market.

PLUS.......

You gotta think about how an electric motor works. In theory at least the power output of an electric motor is going to be flat across the rpm range. The torque is going to look a little like a graph of y=1/x

So what exactly does that tell you? In terms of electric performance, we're usually worried about amps and voltage.... things that cannot be measured on a dyno. There are some excellent watt meters out there which you can use to find amps, watts, volts at various rpm levels.

At that point with a little math you could reverse engineer out the dyno graph you're probably imagining right now.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If you have a XO-1, then you likely have a iphone. There are "dyno" apps that will calculate power based off acceleration. You could mount your phone in the car, go do some hard passes, see what comes out.... best part on that one is its free! (assuming you have a idevice and opt for one of the free dyno aps)
    pretty slick !!!

RC Enthusiast
    Yes I just need a set of rollers

How much would you charge to build .

150.00 to 200.00

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5tkxji

RC Champion
    You could easily accomplish this yourself.............order from here
    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...7&site=ROCKLER