RC Racer

motor mount screws

Have you guys ever had one of these come loose? The one behind the spur gear came loose on me today and totally rubbed the teeth on the spur gear off. Is it okay to use some blue Loctite on these screws?
    The harder I bash, the more I can upgrade.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes, I use locktite on all the screws that don't move on my slash, gearbox is a good place.

I've never had a single screw one come loose except for a rear lower a-arm screw that I slowly pulls its way out and I screw it back in every 20 runs or so (no locktite on these ones).
    Slash 2wd 2.4Ghz
    Merv vxl

RC Champion
    Yes, using some loctite on the screws will be fine. I personally have never had this problem occur in either of my trucks. Just visually check the motor hole to make sure the threads are good.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    screws backing out is perfectly normal, it all part of bashing, just add some loctite and do a visual inspection every 15 runs or soo.
    Slash 2wd Vxl, ERBE; Crash N Learn

RC Champion
    i'm using loctite on mine right now haven't had a problem.

RC Champion
    Loctite is supposedly harmful to plastics though I don't know how much it takes to degrade them.

A very helpful additive to helping stop a screw from working loose is simply a dab of pure silicone. It will hold the screw and also stop water from traveiing up the threads. Works well too under the head of any screw or hex to prevent it backing out and is easily removed with standard tools.