RC Competitor

Lightbulb A slash with 6 shocks ???????

lol.........
    hey guys,im not sure if anyone has tried 2 rear shocks so i figured i would post pics of my truck...
    the reason why im trying this set-up is cuz the slash is a heavy truck and with 3s and 2.8 tires the slash tends to squat when mashing the trigger,the double springs in the back feel real good they bounce right back all the way and feel like they can and will absorb impacts from jumping.... and i cant afford big bores right now...and yesterday a shock cap popped off from a 4 to 5 foot high jump....so i put my aluminum caps back on..losi blue springs in the front...dont pay to much attention to the mismatched wheels,waiting for my trenchers and dirt hawgs to show up this week...
    let me know if u guys like the set up or have questions about it...or even if u hate it...

RC Competitor
    if u guys want a vid of this set up,i could do a quick one to show how the springs compress.....i wont do a running video today cuz its wet outside,im trying to keep my rides out of the wet stuff for a little while......

RC Competitor
    ok...i will make one now

RC Competitor

click picture for the video

RC Qualifier
    What did you use to mount second pair of shocks ? what kind of extensions are those ? and do you have stock Stampede tires ? did you have to do any upgrades to put them on your slash ?

RC Competitor
    i mounted the shocks with extra parts like tranny screws the longer ones,shock washer and spacers. ( extensions ) check the video above... yes those are talons,stampede tires...and no upgrades the holes are already on the back of the a-arms....very easy and simple mod,i would like to come up with something,that would connect the whole extension,maybe a screw long enough to go through both ends of the extension with a nut at the other end...maybe someone can come up with something better,if so post it,so we can check it out...i just used what i had for spare parts.....

RC Qualifier
    nice ! ok well i assume ill get my self a set of talons and buy 2 extra shocks haha, that looks sick, i wanted t do that in my rustler but then decided to sell them as i lost any interest in them... too stupid for me right now

RC Qualifier
    how are talons on asphalt ? interesting if they gonna wear out fast

RC Competitor
    just so you know its better to use all 4 front talons rather than 2 rear 2 front...fyi.....if you use rear and front the tires wont match up...trust me...i take all tires from my 4x4 stampede and put them on the slash and there perfect...today in the video my stampede 2 wd tires are on the slash and the rears are in more than the fronts....looks silly....all fronts on the slash you will get noooooo offset......k

RC Qualifier
    I just watched this video and i am as stiff as you are, but i have 60w in shocks and integy springs with spacers

RC Competitor
    talons have very little grip...thats why i ordered trenchers and dirt hawgs,they will be here in a couple days....cant wait...trenchers are going on my slash, 2.8 trenchers, and the 2.8 dirt hawgs are going on my rusty,or pede

RC Competitor
    I just watched this video and i am as stiff as you are, but i have 60w in shocks and integy springs with spacers
    then you might not need or even want to use 2 shocks,like i mentioned above i cant afford big bore shocks right now and 1 pair of ultra shocks are not cutting it... when i use 2.8 tires with the slash and a 3s lipo the car will squat and the tires sometimes rub the body,so i raised the body and put 2 shocks in the back...

RC Competitor
    anyone know the stock oil weight in the ultra shocks???????

RC Qualifier
    It's Traxxas' claim/approximation of 30wt. Though in my experience, it actually feels a bit lighter.

RC Competitor
    ok thanks doc.....

RC poster
    Will the stampeade tires fit the slash with nomods???

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    You are gonna need a better upper shock mount setup... Maybe a really strong long bolt that can go all the way through the tower and both shocks with a lock nut on the end. As is, the rear screw may just rip out on the first 5 ft jump as there is a lot of leverage on the tower at that point. It looks really cool. You may need to go to 4 softer springs. You do want a little sag in your suspension, but with 2 springs it will be hard to accomplish. Check out some of the softer losi springs...

RC Competitor
    You are gonna need a better upper shock mount setup... Maybe a really strong long bolt that can go all the way through the tower and both shocks with a lock nut on the end. As is, the rear screw may just rip out on the first 5 ft jump as there is a lot of leverage on the tower at that point. It looks really cool. You may need to go to 4 softer springs. You do want a little sag in your suspension, but with 2 springs it will be hard to accomplish. Check out some of the softer losi springs...
    i agree with you on using a longer bolt for sure,as far as running,the truck is handling like i want it to,no sag or squat when i get on the trigger,the suspension is talking impacts well for now...after i posted the pics and video i did 2 more mods to the rear shock tower to give it more support...im really happy with these simple mods that fit my bashing style...im going to post up a pic or 2 of the shock tower support mod....

RC Competitor