RC Qualifier

Questions about performance Etc.

Hey guys, I have some questions about the XO-1 before I save up to purchase one..

1: what are approximate run times with the included batteries?

2: what are the biggest batteries available for it and what are approximate run times with those?

3: what (if anything) is bad about the car?

4: what parts (if any) should be upgraded or altered?

5: can you run on 2 2s (I'm sure you can just confirming) what are top speeds and runtimes like with the largest 2s batteries that can be used?

I'm sure I'll have more questions and those are a little jumbled but thanks for reading and thanks for answering
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    1. 15 minutes if run hard. Much longer if you take it easy.

2. There's some REALLY big packs out there. However I've had a change of heart on this subject, I used to be a biggest is best kind of guy. Now I'm seeing that smaller packs perform just as well, in some cases better. Also changing batteries is no big deal, so I'd rather have 2 sets of smaller packs, where I can charge one set and run the other...

3. Hmmm how to put this without catching teh ban......

The car certainly has some shortfalls. I can dig up some links where I've ranted at length about them if you're really interested.

4. Despite #3.... the car is pretty dang good in stock form. There's a lot of people modifying the car, but so far I haven't seen anyone put up greater numbers than stock. Performance wise, its a pretty solid car.

5. Why would you run a 4s setup? If 6s is too much for you, there's literally a power adjustment on the radio. The motor will run more efficiently on 6s, and you'll likely fit more watt-hours per battery in with 6s.

RC Qualifier
    Oh that's right lol, forget about #5 then

Thanks a lot for answering, maybe pm me about #3 or something, I know the price is a bit steep so I just want to be prepared for any issues I might run into

RC Racer
    The only issues that I have had are make sure that there isn't any water in the ditch. If there is one puddle you will put it in that puddle. In my case I fried the ESC. Make sure you know of a place that you can run it. It took me a while to find a good spot. Don't get too attached to the nice new body. Buy a new one to throw on for display.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks man, will do, actually I might waterproof it

I don't plan on having it flip at all hahah, as if.. I will get a gyro for it though and probably be changing the remote to 70/30 throttle, I'm good with throttle control but this thing is completely different (fast!) and I've been researching a little bit, it seems people spin out and/or flip the car because they aren't careful with their throttle control.

There are a few ways to waterproof the esc..

was wondering if that's the only part that needs to be waterproofed on this car??

also another random question, can the car be raised up a few centimeters for those sketchy/uneven roads??

**edit> about the waterproof question, mainly asking if any of the telemetry stuff is going to short out if it gets wet..
    Last edited by TQi; 05-01-2012 at 07:16 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    1. I am only running the stock packs and I don't have the car umlocked for 100mph yet. I am getting about 25minusing about 80% of the packs capacity.

2. Not sure but someone on here is running a pair of 5300 mah 30c gens ace lips.

3. The only thing I see that is really annoying is that it seems to scrape on the smallest rocks. That is to be expected with a car of this nature.

4. I am probably going to run a set of front and rear swaybars.

5. I tried a pair of 2s batteries to just see how the car ran. It was a complete dog. Only ran it for about 5min before I just put in the stock 3s packs. Completely different beast. The only place I have been running it is at our old abandoned airfield. I love all the open space. Even at 50mph the car becomes small very fast.

Good luck on your decision! I love this car but I actually have a really good place to run it. This car is not for everyone but I am happy with it :-)

RC Qualifier
    yeah, it's so low to the ground!

I have a few close by places I could run it but if I just want to run it on my street I think it would be too low for some spots

so is there a way to raise it up a bit?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TQi View Post

Thanks a lot for answering, maybe pm me about #3 or something...
    I'll send you a link....

My big gripes are the level of proprietary new parts that broke from Traxxas's excellent history of making various platforms that one could swap parts with easily, and the misinformation that surrounded the car when it was released.

My concerns are more.... personal.... I suppose than performance related.

Performance wise, its a rock star. Buy a bunch of splitters and the mount that goes behind them... you'll need it.

RC Qualifier
    shwew! guess that's why they're called splitters lol

Thanks a lot for the pm

I thought someone had a thread here about how to raise the car a couple of centimeters? flipping the A-arms or something?

RC Qualifier
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...t=raising+xo-1

There it is

I commented on there as well just to dig it back up, so again I'll ask can the car be raised?

Also, do the telementary electeonics work under water?

RC Qualifier
    Why can't anyone answer these questions, come on now, these seem like some pretty key questions you would want to know about before buying it

TQi the XO-1 is not waterproof.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Oh I know, just wanted to know if I were to waterproof the esc.. would the telemetry sytems be fine getting wet?

and still wanted to know if anyone has successfully raised their xo-1 at all, thanks

RC Champion
    I think the sensors could get wet and be okay. The Rpm sensor is epoxy filled.

The radio box is waterproof.
    Stop busting my canards!

RC Qualifier
    Nice, thanks

now ze ride height, has anyone raised the car say a centimeter? centimeter is all I need