Thread: Tires

RC poster

Question Tires

Hi all!

I got a used Traxxas on the weekend, and just waiting on some batteries. But, if I want to run about on a tarred road.. won't the tires get worn pretty quickly?

Can I get some 'slick' type tires/wheels off ebay or somewhere? And if so, will any 1:10 wheels work?

RC Qualifier
    summit has 17mm hubs so any rim 17mm should work fine. you can always change to a different size hub for fairly cheap. ive had proline roadrage with desperado rims on mine and looked ok. they are 17mm and handle pavement well.

RC Enthusiast
    hi cralis. you probly already know !. if you get a set of e/t maxx hex's and pins you can take your 17mm hex's off and just put
    the pins and hex's on you summit. then you have the choice of tons of wheel combo's

RC Qualifier
    1/10 wheels are to small in most cases. Get something 1/8 scale.
    This is a signature.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by summit thing View Post
    hi cralis. you probly already know !. if you get a set of e/t maxx hex's and pins you can take your 17mm hex's off and just put
    the pins and hex's on you summit. then you have the choice of tons of wheel combo's
    Sounds interesting, 'summit thing'. But I am so new to cars, that I have no idea what 'e/t maxx hex's and pins' means. And I would have no idea how to change things on the car - yet. I'd have to google for a youtube video or something. But this sounds interesting.

I'd then need to search a popular international online auction site to find the parts and wheels.. and rims.