RC poster

New slayer owner

Hey im going to be buying a traxxas slayer pro at the end of the week n ive heard this car has handling issues. Im looking into upgrading a few parts to better the handling. Ill be driving it mostly on rough dirt. Can anyone give me any ideas to wat parts i need to upgrade n give me the part #'s so i can order them online please and thank you.

LOL Welcome to the slayer club and the fourms! I just got a slayer 1 week ago and yes, it likes to flip, ALOT. Just get a sway bar kit for $20 - 25 and you should be good. That's what I did and it works great! If you have any more questions, just personal message me. Good luck with your new slayer!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    Im lookin on ebay for a sway bar kit but i dnt wanna buy the wrong kit. Is there a specific part #. Im also lookin into different tires and spring. Any ideas?. Thanks im really excited.

Oh ok sorry forgot the part number the part number for the slayer sway bars is TRA5998. If you can't find that part number go to www.RCplanet.com and search for 'traxxas slayer sway bars' and it should take you right to it. Are you just "bashing' or racing on dirt? If you are racing you most likely will need the center differental and the rear brake kits. It should help distribute the power between the front and rear tires in the cornners. I couldn't find the part numbers for the rear brake or the center diff, so sorry about that. Good luck on getter a slayer!

Traxxas sway bar kit
    Traxxas Center Differential Kit Slayer
    Traxxas Adjustable Rear Brake Kit

the rear break kit says it for the revo but it the same for the slayer
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC poster
    Thanx imma look into buying those parts. Wat should i do with the shocks? I no shocks help the truck not roll asmuch i just want agood setup.

The shocks that come with the slayer are GREAT! They have the fancy 'super hard" shock shafts and the aluminuim shock bodys. They also have threads on them so you can adjust the pre load on the shock without having to use clips. The only negitive thing about the shocks that come stock on the slayers is the springs are a little soft. But, you can choose from 15+ other springs varying in sping firmness from REALLY soft to REALLY firm. You may want to get a differnt set of spings depending on what kind of surface you'll be running on. P.s MOST of the aftermarket parts for the revo 3.3 (not electric!) will fit the slayer because they are very much alike. Good luck! Glad you're getting into a slayer, you'll enjoy it ALOT!

PPS If you have any other questions, fell free to send me a personal message!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 05-01-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT!!!