Thread: Slash 2wd mount

RC Enthusiast

Question Slash 2wd mount

I've been trying to turn my slash into a camera car but haven't had too much luck yet. I've tried a couple different mounting positions on my slash but none of them seem to work as well as I hoped.

I put a video up on youtube of my best efforts so far.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mULwXGEgvUo
    This is some of the best video I've gotten so far and it looks the best on the smoothest ground.
    The mount I have in the video is a piece of plexiglass screwed into the battery holdown. It works pretty well until you start moving back and forth or going over bumps where it tilts the camera side to side because it has no support in that direction.

I've been looking at the slash mounting plate from Traxxas recently. It looks like it's pretty sturdy and since it's built for the gopro camera it should mount pretty well.

The one thing I'm wondering is if this mount works with the 2wd slash. I thought it did and then noticed all the names on websites say 'for the slash 4wd'. If you go on the Traxxas website under accessories it shows the mount in the slash 4wd section but not the 2wd section.

Can anybody help me out with the confusion?
    Slash 2wd 2.4Ghz
    Merv vxl

RC Enthusiast
    Can anybody tell me if the slash camera mount will fit the slash 2wd?
    Slash 2wd 2.4Ghz
    Merv vxl

RC Qualifier
    I see a lot of people that just mount the camera in the truck and cut the window or keep it clear. I've never seen the traxxas mount.

RC Enthusiast
    Here it is on the Traxxas website.
    http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=9241
    Slash 2wd 2.4Ghz
    Merv vxl

RC Enthusiast
    Loved the video. Would have liked to have also seen it on that other car running flat.