RC poster

Summit ESC LED light red instead of green?

Hi all, sincere apologies if this is a really dumb question. I just got a Summit and my understanding from the manual is that once the ESC is turned on, the ESC's LED light should be a constant green color. But, with my Summit, the ESC's LED light is green at first but then turns constant red as soon as I release the set button. I've recalibrated the ESC/transmitter and the same thing happens. The truck seems to drive perfectly fine otherwise, so I'm just curious why the red light rather than green? The only mod I've done is changing the Traxxas ESC/battery plug to Dean's.

Any thoughts? Again, sorry if this is a really stupid question!

Kevin

RC poster
    Just called Traxxas and they gave me the answer - the red light indicates that the low voltage cutoff function is switched off. To turn it on (if you're using lipo's), hold down the ESC button for 10-15 secs and it'll switch to green. There's my answer!

RC poster
    I believe the new version of the EVX-2 with LVD "Low Voltage Detection" will show a constant red light when LVD is disabled i.e. when in NIMH mode.
    When in LIPO mode i.e "LVD enabled", the light will show a constant green.

We received a separate printed sheet with our new 2012 Summit explaining the use and display settings for the new EXV-2 with LVD.

RC Enthusiast
    This is correct, BUT be aware of in some cases the EVX-2 arrives with the LVD on and if used with NiMHs then the ESC starts to flash red/green indicating over voltage. This situation can only be reset when using a set of NiMHs with very little charge.
    We found out the hard way - see thread "EVX-2 & Battery question/issue?", but thanks to this forum and its members I got the issue solved!
    Our summit came without the note informing about how to activate/deactivate LVD...

Cheers Steen

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by seh2000 View Post
    This is correct, BUT be aware of in some cases the EVX-2 arrives with the LVD on and if used with NiMHs then the ESC starts to flash red/green indicating over voltage. This situation can only be reset when using a set of NiMHs with very little charge.
    We found out the hard way - see thread "EVX-2 & Battery question/issue?", but thanks to this forum and its members I got the issue solved!
    Our summit came without the note informing about how to activate/deactivate LVD...

Cheers Steen
    Or you can connect a set of lipo's and turn off the lvd to use your NiMH's without the headache.
    Summit TQi w/ Dewalt 14.4v, MERV