RC Champion

gens ace battery question

im looking on a site for gens ace batteries and i see none of them come with a traxxas connector but everyone swears by this battery. what adapter do i need?

Remove the plug that comes with the pack and buy traxxas connector($3) and solder it on. It's very easy and Traxxas even has a how to video on the side.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Champion
    there is actually a gens ace battery that doesnt come with a plug or wires but has the spots i think for banana plugs. can i just get a banana plug that comes with the traxxas plug?

RC Champion
    If you can find one ,that will work. Yes.

RC Qualifier
    Or you can just pick up some of these http://www.specpointbatteries.com/in...?categoryID=13 good pack. Already have traxxas plugs on them.
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

Quote Originally Posted by chadkillzone View Post
    Or you can just pick up some of these http://www.specpointbatteries.com/in...?categoryID=13 good pack. Already have traxxas plugs on them.
    That is a option too. But http://www.specpointbatteries.com/in...p?productID=59 is out of stock. But http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...se-direct.html and http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...-hardcase.html are in stock.

RC Qualifier
    not sure where you have seen them out stock, if they are I would just call they are usually back in pretty quick?
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

Quote Originally Posted by chadkillzone View Post
    not sure where you have seen them out stock, if they are I would just call they are usually back in pretty quick?
    He's looking at the SPC website. I just checked and the 2s 25c mah lipo is out of stock.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    im looking on a site for gens ace batteries and i see none of them come with a traxxas connector but everyone swears by this battery. what adapter do i need?
    If you can't solder, don't get that battery, or any other battery from that website.

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    If you can't solder, don't get that battery, or any other battery from that website.
    Why not?
    If not a hassle he can go to a hobby shop buy female only traxxas connectors and have them solder it. Or someone at a rc track will gladly help you out.

RC Champion
    the less work and hassle the better. whats the quality on those spc packs? they look ok.

SPC has amazing quality. Jakey here on the forum is a employee there. Judging by his knowledge he is not going to pick a low quality cell for their packs. Only 2 packs I will purchase is SPC and Gen Aces.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    Why not?
    If not a hassle he can go to a hobby shop buy female only traxxas connectors and have them solder it. Or someone at a rc track will gladly help you out.
    I agree, some hobby shops charge for soldering, some dont. I have not seen anyone go without soldering help at a track. It really is not that expensive to get a good 60w iron also, if you want to do it yourself.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    I have a few Traxxas batteries.............excellent
    I have a Gens Ace 11.1v not a problem yet but would rather not have to solder on leads if I don't have to
    I have 4 SPC batteries............7.4-11.v...........excellent and so is their customer service and honest information from Spec Point Concepts

RC Champion
    so ill probably look into getting an spc battery soon. how long does it take to get the battery after oerdering it? i ordered a ******* ******** 2s 4000mah 40-80c battery from hk that should be a good battery and only paid like 30 bucks. its just taking forever to get it.

RC Champion
    i do like the looks of the 50c 5400mah 2s and 3s from spc, they are just a little expensive.

RC Qualifier
    Lol i bought on of those, tried to solder no luck, tried to use torch, no luck, stupid thick wires make it imposible to solder anything to them, i end up soldering thinner traxxas connector already pre-installed with wires, but then i lost some current flow through that connection, overall don't buy this battery if u cant solder, even my hobbyshop guys couldnt do it, they gave me the battery back

A couple of days. I get my stuff usually the next day, but I am in the same state. Where are you?

RC Qualifier
    It is really easy to solder on your own connectors, but if you are not comfortable with it and don't have the equipment then go with SPC. SPC has good, quality packs. I have both SPC and gens ace and they both are good! I changed the connectors on the gens pack to TRAXXAS and have been VERY happy with it. If you watch a couple youtube videos and have a decent soldering iron, I say go for it, the connectors are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Agriganosa View Post
    Lol i bought on of those, tried to solder no luck, tried to use torch, no luck, stupid thick wires make it imposible to solder anything to them, i end up soldering thinner traxxas connector already pre-installed with wires, but then i lost some current flow through that connection, overall don't buy this battery if u cant solder, even my hobbyshop guys couldnt do it, they gave me the battery back
    I soldered 8 gauge wires onto trx connectors. You need a quality iron. Thats all...

I use a craftsman soldering gun. Had it for 6 years now and its flawless. Just get a drywall sponge wet it and use it to.clean the tip when you're soldering. You HAVE to maintain a clean solder tip. Just twist the wire and heat it up and while keeping the tip on the wire add the soldered until the wire been tinted. Then do the same to the connector. It takes like 2 mind to install connectors and if you're in electric RC you have to have a solderring iron.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I soldered 8 gauge wires onto trx connectors. You need a quality iron. Thats all...
    +1. I had the joy of soldering a TRX connector to one of those ******* packs and it was a bit of a pain. You definitely need some soldering skills and a good iron is a must.

RC Champion
    im in arizona. the ******* pack i ordered comes with the traxxas connector already soldered, just like the spc. only battery i will purchase are plug and play. ill deal with using an adapter if i have to but i dont like to solder.

Those are fake traxxas connectors just to let know.

RC Champion
    ok so traxxas style. same crap. lol. it will work just fine like the real ones.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    ok so traxxas style. same crap. lol. it will work just fine like the real ones.
    No it is not the same connector and no it will not work the same as a real Traxxas one.

I didn't know ******* batteries come with connectors?? Or is redlight ordering from a middleman?

RC Champion
    *********.com

Has you can see the name of this website is banned on this forum. Please do not mention that website or attempt to link to it in any manner.

Dadx2mj
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 05-01-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Again those are fake traxxas connectors. BC you do not want to learn how to solder(its extremely easy) you are going to only limit yourself in this hobby and your battery choices. It takes only 2 mins to solder on new connectors. If you need help soldering you can sreach on Google or YouTube for tutorials.