RC poster

recommend summit vs. revo??

my birthday is coming up and my dad said he would buy me an rc car i was wondering what people thing is better the E Revo or the Summit which handles better? which jumps better which is faster?? all that good stuff.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The E-revo jumps better and is faster. While they are based on the same chassis they are NOT the same type of truck. The Summit is a slower speed trail truck thats an awesome crawler. The E-Revo is a higher speed basher/racer.

This is a common decision for new buyers. E-Revo or summit. The question you need to answer before you decide is this "what do you want to do with your truck?"

do you want to crawl? Do you want to do mostly higher speed jumping and bashing? I get the impression you want the higher speeds and bigger air so IMO the E-Revo is the better choice.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    If you will be disappointed that your new truck can't go 45-65 mph with a pair of lipos, get the Revo.

If you will be disappointed that you can't get your truck to climb just about everything, get the summit.
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

You tube vid's for both trucks will answer your q&a.. Or another option is BL Summit....but not what the truck was ment for...
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4963391
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    From the info you've given us, it sounds like the E-Revo is a better choice for you.
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    I agree with what everyone has said. The biggest thing to decide is what do want to do with your truck. The best thing that you can do is read as much as you can. Then you can make an educated decision on what truck to get. The other thing to keep in mind is maintenance. Are you comfortable working on these trucks? They can be quite on complex at first. The e-revo can be hard on the drivetrain with brushless and capable of breaking parts if you aren't used to the power the system produces. The summit can be a little easier on the drivetrain but the locking diffs can break parts if used improperly. You have to be prepared to maintain and fix broken parts. Things to think about with these big power trucks.

RC poster
    thanks for the help man well i have a fully upgraded slash so i might go with the summit so i can have a crawler/ trail truck.

RC Qualifier
    just watch videos and figure out which one looks like more fun to you.
    custom summit crawler parts lol