Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

New transmission from Pro-Line!!!!!

Check out the new trans from Pro-line! I just saw it on Big Squid-seperate arm mounts, aluminum motor plate, sealed diff! This is what I've been waiting for- all the good stuff in one box.

RC Champion
    Here is a link

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/rcx-2012ne...o-line-racing/

I will definitely have to grab one. Chances are it wont last to long so grab one while you can.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Champion
    Bro, can we get a link to it or something?!?!? I looked on big squid and proline's site and didn't find anything.

Oh dang, thanks Reaper!
    Last edited by Oaks; 04-29-2012 at 08:15 PM.

oh right on! That is sick!!!! Oak... The link is right there. If it still doesnt pull up for u, go to bigsquidrc.com. Super sick... NICE JOB PROLINE!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    That is what I'm talking about!!!!! I'll be putting one on order for sure.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    I wonder if all of these parts can be swapped into a traxxas trans. It would kind of suck if you could only use proline replacement parts for quick repairs.
    I would def put one of these in my slice racer for sure.
    Pretty soon proline will be selling "proline slash rollers"... Hopefully lcg...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    DUUUUUUUDE! Mine! Wow that looks awesome.
    Any word on a suggested retail? I'm guessing a hundered dollar bill or just under. That's my guess. Not sure I care I'm gonna have to have it.
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Champion
    The light weight gears scare me a little. Light weight and strong hardly ever apply to the same gear.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Wow... that is so cool. I bet its $80-100 for sure. But still...

It says light weight gears, I wonder if they are steel or aluminum. (diff gears are steel but idler and top gear)

I would have liked to see a pic of the slipper unit. Im assuming it will use a proline spur.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

I was coming back to say, this thing will be at least 100 bucks. Usually custom diggs alone are 60. If u throw in their own slipper in their, it will be even higher. I hope these gears transfer to stock case. That would have been a good idea. I probably wont put one in my basher, but the upcoming racer will be begging for one of these for sure.

I hope they offer some different colors and such on that 3mm plate.

In case anyone has issues with the link. Plus to decorate this, no pic page

RC Qualifier
    This looks pretty sick.

Thomas

I wonder why it does not say that it fits the rusty and bandit??? Chassis clearance issue? That diff looks pretty stout...

I wouldn't worry about it. If will fit the rustler easily.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    I cant wait for someone to review these!!! They look really nice. Hope those gears can take a 3s beating tho.
    Traxxas start making dirt bikes! :)

RC Champion
    i hope the diff case it mega strong as that type of gearing loves to push itself apart.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Hey Rag6, don't you think that case style looks and sounds eerily familiar?

Composite gearbox, aluminum plate, removable suspension arm mounts for easy trans removal. Could have swore I even said those same words about the 2nd gen Hot Racing trans because it has the removable arm mounts too:
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Nice, I'll have to add that to my list. You know what I like about this trans? That you can take the skid plate screws out, the shock tower screws out and the screw pins out of the output drives and poof! The tranny is off the truck. Makes any maintenance or gear repairs very timely. Did you get a chance to have a look at one of your old stock gearboxes to make a wheelie bar mount?
    Pretty soon they'll be saying this:

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Baldy, found that you can adjust anti squat very easily on this gear box. To add some, put a washer of correct I.D. under the ft of the arm mounts. If you want less, add the same washers under the rear of the arm mounts. Cool huh?

Edit: You could also cut the nitro anti squat shims to fit also.
    It's also kinda freaky how it ended up looking like the HR composite/aluminum Trans that I made the wheelie bar mount for and posted up in my Velineon Speedrunner thread. Did I just get robbed? 

If the aluminum plate has the same mounting holes and the gears and slipper interchange, we won't need to buy the whole transmission, not to mention we could make that trans a completely aluminum unit by using the gearbox from the 1st gen HR trans.

Kudos to proline for coming up with new transmission gears, hopefully they are stronger than what we already have. Other than the new gears, the rest of the trans is just recycled ideas.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    i hope the diff case it mega strong as that type of gearing loves to push itself apart.
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw those spider gears. Theres a reason why high powered 1:1 cars go with limited slip or posi-trac/fully locked diffs. I chewed up countless amounts of spider gears in my 69 camaro before I locked the diff. Hopefully one of the "diff tunability" options is to lock it for running on high traction surfaces.

RC Qualifier
    This is ProLine we're talking about. The thing is gonna cost like $150, and it won't be available for probably 6 months. It sure looks pretty, as most ProLine offerings do, but the blurbs give me cause for concern-- lightweight gears? We're breaking the steel ones. And no clear images of the spurs. They don't look like the Traxxas domes, so something proprietary?

If this thing sells for under $149.99, I'll be astonished. And in truth (loathe as I am to admit it) that would be something of a bargain. If you factor an STRC layshaft paired with the AE V2 slipper setup, a similar aluminum case like a Hot Racing, and an FLM sealed diff, you're already past $100. Factor in the other various internals (idler and topshaft gears, bearings, diff oil) and $150 almost starts to sound fair. I know I want one just from the look of it... but $150 can buy a lot of R/C parts.

Lets just wait and see how much it really is I guess?
    I would be interested in this for $100. I can add an flm diff to my current setups for much less than that though, but I am already so invested in the stock technology...

Composite gearbox, aluminum plate, removable suspension arm mounts for easy trans removal. Could have swore I even said those same words about the 2nd gen Hot Racing trans because it has the removable arm mounts too:

It's also kinda freaky how it ended up looking like the HR composite/aluminum Trans that I made the wheelie bar mount for and posted up in my Velineon Speedrunner thread. Did I just get robbed? 

If the aluminum plate has the same mounting holes and the gears and slipper interchange, we won't need to buy the whole transmission, not to mention we could make that trans a completely aluminum unit by using the gearbox from the 1st gen HR trans.

Kudos to proline for coming up with new transmission gears, hopefully they are stronger than what we already have. Other than the new gears, the rest of the trans is just recycled ideas.
    What's funny is the SRT has this transmission back in the 90s except for the metal gears. Bit the stock vxl gears will drop directly into the SRT case. Lol

RC Qualifier
    Still can't wait for a review. As for it's price even at 150 it's still a good deal I think as like most things from them it will probably be good also I know it is everything I want in a case it even includes diff pre-filled with fluid/lube and extra but the other biggest thing is how well will it seal and with it be able to hold up tho a Castle 3800 on 3S. I still be hesitant to get one right away. Also even if it does have issues usally Pro-Line is pretty good at fixing them.

RC Qualifier
    Interesting; I never would have guessed they would release a fully-built, modular transmission from the ground-up. Bodies, wheels, tires, and shocks is what I always expect - I'm interested to hear how these compare and if they're worthwhile upgrades. Beyond that, it should be interesting to see what else they release if they're willing to do this much work.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe at this rate a chassis as they make everything else

A $30 lcg chassis would rule the slash world. Funny no one has produced them yet...

OOPS! Pede forum

uh oh... Tell em that if they send u one or three, ul call it cool. lol.

Btw.. ya, 150 sounds more like it.. Proline sells a hat for 32 dollars! (How can I capatalize dollar amounts?! )

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    The only way I would ever consider it is if I can run 32p and it'll have to be under a $100. I'd be happy with an alloy and FLM sealed diff if the proline case is a ridiculous price.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

This transmission is focus solely focus for racing(mainly a slash). Anyone that does open mod and runs a slash will want this transmission. For bashing you are wasting your money.

RC Qualifier
    Well it depends on what for you is bashing for some bashing is jumping off houses and jumping cars others may run on tracks and running over rough terrain getting it dirty and were there trucks see the biggest jump on a track so for some it may work others not.

If your at the track you're not technically bashing. For most traxxas badgers take are going to a Ruth field wot and hitting everything they can(JK). No but most are into jumping and hitting.g the rough stuff fast. This is design to be very light for racing so you can maximize the motors power and with the suspension changes it allows you to make it helps focus on handling and rotation.

If its durable, it will in no way be useless... to anyone that buys it. Any way you look at it, it will be a total upgrade in every way over the stock trans.

I agree its a upgrade over stock but for bashing you might be better off with a aluminum tranny case for cheaper. For racing this is a must have.

RC Qualifier
    The word "Proline" sounds good... But light weight gears? Hummmm we shall see...
    Well I was just eat'n sum pede and drink-n a slash

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    If its durable, it will in no way be useless... to anyone that buys it. Any way you look at it, it will be a total upgrade in every way over the stock trans.
    Completely agree with u. I am def gonna pick one up for the racing slash.

Quote Originally Posted by 911dott View Post
    The word "Proline" sounds good... But light weight gears? Hummmm we shall see...
    It also states it has sealed gears on the inside. but the light weight gears are to be an upgrade in weight, and rotation as said. If they were normal weight gears, than what would be the point?

Light weight gears would totally be a plus, but only if they are just as strong or stronger than the stock steel ones. I think I'd pull the trigger on it at 120, but i would have second thoughts at 150, but likely would still buy it if it's stronger. It's too bad that they announce these products 6 months before they actually hit the market.

Sent from Dan's iPad using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    This is a pretty nice offering from Proline. I appreciate it for what it is and how it's being marketed. But as a bit of a noob, I'm going to have to go the route of aluminum gear case first, and be upset with the additional weight, before I pick this one up. Tough call for a first timer.

RC Qualifier
    I really considering one as I always drive like I'm racing and the most air it sees is at the track and I don't beat on mine ( 4 or 5 broken parts over 3 years ) as I'm hoping it seals better then the stock one and the gears can hold up to Castle 3800 on 3S ALL the time. So far I've loved every Pro-Line part I've gotten and there pretty good at addressing issues and the quality been pretty good.

Ok, nuff chat, lets get pics of one installed(can you tell I am interested?).

Ok, nuff chat, lets get pics of one installed(can you tell I am interested?).

RC Qualifier
    Well it was a preview so it yet has to release so can't wait for pics.

RC Champion
    Here is a video of the new trans.

Oderint Dum Metuant