Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: My FPV Summit

RC Champion
    Wow, that is coming along great...very nice.
    Got my old mans electronic books and slowly teaching myself, hopefully I will be able to build a quarter of what you got, otherwise I am just going to get an fpv goggle and its components. But it would be a challenge
    Your build is really an education by itself....
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    Just took off my old spacers put the original hubs back on.

Glued up the tires, I put a dab of glue above each spoke (6 spokes) and that very tidely glued them all up nicely. Just ran them and they're almost perfectly balanced! Not bad not bad not bad.

Going to be great once I get this thing wired up in the next couple days.

My hands are covered in ca glue No idea how that happened the ONLY place I got it was in the wheels cleanly, annnd my thumbs !

Thanks Jezza, means a lot! As for the self educating, with youtube and google, there's never been a better time! Keep at it =)

Jimmie, wat?
    Last edited by krallopian; 04-04-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Oo! Never saw this before.

The Approach and departure ARE indeed excellent haha!

As for the break over, it's not much better than that Rubicon But I do have about 6" with the suspension fully extended.

RC Racer
    Realizing this build is almost 2 years old... When do you plan on finishing it?? lol. Love this build and love your work!
    Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Blast

RC Champion
    I know I know I know!

Between life, sleep and waiting on eBay this build has certainly gone on far too long. I should be at mark 9 by now but instead I've just yet to build mark 1!!

RC Champion
    The rear is virtually complete, the three receivers are mounted and the three antennas mounted on the rear left side of the car. New larger project boxes received and used there to hold everything. All the servo wires come in from underneath the boxes - not yet in this picture.

Here's the camera officially mounted!

Really happy with this new smaller front bumper!

RC Champion
    Hey its me again, I recently got my FPV kit in, it works quite well.

I do need some guidance on antennas for my 900mhz vtx/rx though, as I'd like my range to be a bit better. My range was dramatically better with the Rx/tx up high. The cool part is to take it off is only 3 zip ties..

I LOVE driving FPV, it is really amazing to sit in my bedroom and drive around the neighborhood.

MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    I really want to see video from that!

I've been AFK for awhile, have been feeling super guilty about this build! I got side tracked on a few projects and my main car keeps me too busy with all it's PLASTIC COOLANT COMPONENTS eugh.

However, I stepped away easily because this wiring is very daunting! There is SO MUCH wiring on this car thanks to all the lights, transmitter, gps, receivers, cameras, switches etc.. uh yi yi! On paper it's one thing, but in reality it's another and it's one of these things that if I do it THIS way I'll have to do THAT another way, or if I do it THIS way I'll need to do THIS ANOTHER way. I just need to commit, and I plan on getting back to it tomorrow or Wednesday and getting this build finished once and for all! Besides, it's raining for the next week and all the snow is almost all finally gone!

One concern is still the remote control. I have three transmitters that need to all be working and for now I'll just have them as three separate controllers, but really want to move forward on this base station build! I have a 3D printer and some labels, so perhaps I can just print out the layout I was building before and just cover it with vinyl. We'll see, when the time comes.

RC Champion
    Wow stopped following this for a while as it was getting to technical.. hehe.. Looking great...

RC Qualifier
    I am also looking forward to more of this. Have been following since the beginning. I don't comment much but I admire your knowledge and have learned lots just from reading your thread. Keep it up!
    Working hard to appear reasonably sane.

RC Champion
    Thanks guys! Sorry Crock, the base station remote itself is very electronics heavy, and it's scary stuff to me for sure.

I have been playing with the wiring for the OSD/GPS on the car itself, and it's just all so tight with very little room at all. Right now I'm kinda down because the TILT servo has quite a bit of play on it, when I rock the car back and forth the cameras kinda shake/rock. Not good at all, but again it's an $11 or something stupid like that, servo from eBay. I can always put a high quality servo in there later on.

RC Champion
    I... just... can't... bring... myself to move on with this project! It's killing me! My desk is still filled with all these servos and wires and connectors and camera equipment as a sort of push, "JUST.. DO IT!" but every time I look at the car sitting behind me all pretty like on its stand I can't help but be put off by the amount of wiring needed and the fact that I need the ground station to be put together still! So much time and money and effort involved and I've given up!? No not quite but MAN is it hard to get back in to the swing of things. Hoping that by posting here I'll force myself to do it!

I apologize for lying to everyone saying, "any day now!" for the past couple years. This vehicle has been the very DEFINITION of, "hobby."

No worries, that's the norm. I work on my truck about three times as much as I drive it. It not that's its broken, there is just no finish line for self created upgrades. Its just a constant " create and improve, create and improve" cycle.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Competitor
    go go go !!! I am sure you will finish it !!!

RC poster
    Any news man? Looks insanely impressive!

RC Champion
    I'm sorry to say, no there isn't.

Every single day I see it and think, "I really gotta get back to work on this! The guys on the forum are going to hate me!"

My desk is still littered in servos, cameras, batteries and everything it's horrible. For some reason I just can't get back in to the project! I've been so focused on my real car and social life that I haven't made time for it. When I finally HAVE time I get flustered with the amount of wiring that needs to be done and the fact that the ground station still hasn't been put together. There's really only about a weeks worth of solid work left with it, but as I said I'm having huge motivation issues. Strange I know.

I **WILL** finish it, I just need to be in the proper head space as to not simply rush it and botch it up. I can't believe it's already the middle of August!

Thanks for the comments though =)

RC poster
    Aww man. Still no progress? Im not trying to rush you, i hate working on the same thing for a year too, but i really wanna see this come to life!