RC Enthusiast

I bought the splash guard..but then I was thinking do I really need the vent holes?

Are the vent holes in the rear of the boat needed? Theres no vent holes in the front to breath so is the rear really actaully functional?

RC Enthusiast
    another quick question.. I want to de anodize the blue hardware.. any tricks?.. Ive had my spartan for 2 weeks and never put it in the water yet! so far I got a prather 215 Stainless prop. splash guard, stock water outlet to add another line.. still contemplating on buying a dual inlet rudder or one on the transom and one on the rudder.. Traxxas 8400mah 3s lipo's [2] alot more misc stuff... Removed decals.. im taking the gps tomarrow to the lake and see what it will do bone stock before I put the mods on it.. My slash says it will do 30.. but it does 27 Down hill so im thinking this boat will be around 25 stock

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dshaff24 View Post
    another quick question.. I want to de anodize the blue hardware.. any tricks?..
    oven cleaner

RC Racer
    See my post on the de-annodizing. I used Greased Lightning.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...on-forum-input

With a Prather 215, and 6s, you will be well into the 50s with proper trim and balance. Chuck the stock batteries.
    Last edited by BSC; 04-29-2012 at 07:36 AM.

RC Qualifier
    No the vent holes are not needed. Some guys have filled the tabs on the hatch with silicone or fiberglass to stop water leaking in. One or two have even filed the the tabs off flush with transom after filling them to make it easier to tape the hatch securely.

hog

RC Qualifier
    I have not tried it yet but I think a piece of foam insulation under the rear of the hatch would stop most of the water from coming in. I almost have the big boat ready and I will be running the spartans a lot more once I have the boat in the lake.

RC Enthusiast
    i found the vent hole usefull when I try to drain some water found their way in to the boat.

RC Qualifier
    Just make a four holes, then put the splash guard, fill your bath tub with water then dip the rear of your boat hold
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Qualifier
    ing the bow, take a closer look with the holes, if no water leak your fine, if you have put silicone or hatch tape, mine was fine just drilled an exact holes to make it water free and tight.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.