RC Racer

Integy aluminum gearbox

Just got back from a test run with my new gearbox and it worked great! I didn't want to spend $70 on a box I would scuff up right away so I went with the Integy Evolution and I'm pretty happy with it. My normal running temp is around 170* and after installing the box and hitting it hard my temp was 110* It is cooler today but I'm sure it would still drop by a nice amount on a hot day. If anyone is having temp issues, get an aluminum gearbox!
    The harder I bash, the more I can upgrade.

RC Racer
    Was it cheaper than an RPM or stock?

Just looked at that evolution Upgrade set the quality seems quiet lacking FRP towers who are they kidding with FRP on a Basher maybe a on-road racer basher LOL INTEGY il skip on.
    Last edited by wayke; 04-28-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    Slash, DynaStorm, Sakura S, MERV, E-firestorm

RC Racer
    Yeah...RPM doesn't make an aluminum gearbox. I didn't get a whole upgrade set, just the box. I highly doubt the gearbox is gonna bend and they don't need mods like some of the other ones on the market. I personally wouldn't buy anything aluminum other than a gearbox but that's just me. Did you even read my post?

People on this site generally don't like integy and I went with an FLM transmission based on their recommendations.

Bottom line is, It's your truck, do what you want with it. If the integy trans holds up over time, report back here and tell us about it. You might change some opinions.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    post pics.

RC Racer
    @O.G. - I've heard some bad things on here about REM so I stayed away from them. Most people with an Integy box seemed happy with it. If it fails, I'll probably go with an FLM but I figured for $35 I'd try it before dropping almost $80. So far, I'm very happy with it. I'll report back after a few months.

RC Racer
    Here's some pics. Sorry about the glare on the one.

I really like how all the RPM stuff still bolts right up.

RC Champion
    nice. looks really good. definitely post up quality and durability after a while. where can i buy this? how much more does it weigh than stock? and where can i see/buy the flm version?

RC Racer
    I ordered it through my LHS. I didn't weigh it but it does weigh more than stock but not too much. Go here for the FLM case. http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...LM20000&cat=17

RC Champion
    that flm looks nice and looks like there is room to put a heatsink and fan on the motor but doesnt look like u can use half the rpm parts with that one. i would want to keep the rpm motor protector, rear bumper, wheelie bar mount, and all that stuff n looks like i would only be able to do that with the integy.

RC Racer
    Honestly Randy, I don't think you'd need the heatsink and fan with the aluminum. It drops it a lot just by itself.

RC Champion
    ya but i still want to keep all the rpm parts so ill probably go with integy. let me know though on the durability and all that. does it seal up pretty good?

RC Racer
    I've run it three times so far and nothing has leaked out yet. I'm super stoked especially for the price.

RC Champion
    whats the part number? i found the integy site.

RC Racer

RC Champion
    nice. so thats the one that will let me use all the rpm rear end parts? including the rear bumper protector, etc....?

RC Racer
    Yep, that's the one I just bought. I have another one ordered for my Rusty.

RC Competitor
    I have the Integy and have had no problems with it. I have one on my Rustler as well with no issues. These are the only Integy parts I recomend.
    Brustler
    Slash
    E-Maxx
    1/16 E-Revo

I ordered a GH transmission case for my upcoming Rusty build. So far I have 2 FLM's and I'd like to see how the GH turns out. I got it for $26 + shipping.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by billylightning View Post
    Yeah...RPM doesn't make an aluminum gearbox. I didn't get a whole upgrade set, just the box. I highly doubt the gearbox is gonna bend and they don't need mods like some of the other ones on the market. I personally wouldn't buy anything aluminum other than a gearbox but that's just me. Did you even read my post?
    Yeah I read your post seen integy went to their site for a Laugh went looking for those GBoxx covers and seen the upgrade had to say something about them using FRP thats just cheap of them in that So-called hopup kit for $100 Had to lol because i've seen the end results of those things but not the Gbox covers if they hold up i might get them, The thing that concerns me is the quality of the Alloy and the Suspension hinges during bashing those bend and lock onto hinge pin oh fun times i would have.
    Last edited by wayke; 04-30-2012 at 01:48 AM.
    Slash, DynaStorm, Sakura S, MERV, E-firestorm

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wayke View Post
    Yeah I read your post seen integy went to their site for a Laugh went looking for those GBoxx covers and seen the upgrade had to say something about them using FRP thats just cheap of them in that So-called hopup kit for $100 Had to lol because i've seen the end results of those things but not the Gbox covers if they hold up i might get them, The thing that concerns me is the quality of the Alloy and the Suspension hinges during bashing those bend and lock onto hinge pin oh fun times i would have.
    I've heard way too many bad things about Integy but I've never seen anyone say something bad about their gearboxes. For $30 I figured I'd try one. It's going on my speed setup so I highly doubt it will bend anything. We'll see how well it seals the grease in but so far it hasn't leaked. My stock gearbox leaked after the first time I used it.

RC Qualifier
    Golden Horizon!!!!!!!!!! I also like the REM but you will have some trouble if you dont have the REM of FLM chassis
    Well I was just eat'n sum pede and drink-n a slash