RC Racer

Your suggestion for gearing…?

Ok, so I bought the 5807 and it's on the way to me now.
    I'm not going to race it, I will probably just drive it for fun on a dirt track and jumps here and there, grass track running also as I'm leaving near a huge park with lots of small hills all around…
    I will use the standard battery that comes with it for now, considering I'm not racing and all the other mentioned above, what do you think about gearing ? Should I stay with the standard one or should I change it ?
    I'm asking as I would like to maintain lower motor temperature, max power (for climbing / sand) and some speed for skidding around on the grass and max battery time.
    What gearing would you recommend ?
    Thanks.

RC Racer
    I would suggest staying with the stock gearing. The only reason I'd change it is if I was doing speed runs. For just bashing around I use 23/86. If you're in grass a lot, you might want to think about dropping the pinion a few teeth.
    The harder I bash, the more I can upgrade.

RC Competitor
    I think you should start getting to know your truck and keep it standard at first. If your running on (long) grass you should watch the temperature. When you come familiar with it you can decide wat you need/want. Personaly I should start with some diverend spur gear to play with. You will strip it ounce and its nice to have some spare. Next step is diverend pinions (they last longer)
    Slash 2WD lcg Chuckworks & 4WD lcg Traxxas
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    depends on how you drive, if you stop and go, get a smaller gearing
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Champion
    stock gearing should be good for you. i have also experienced more heat with the stock nimh batteries. seems like lipos will keep things a little cooler at times. 2s lipo with good discharge would be a good investment for you. its lighter, runs cooler, and you will be faster.

RC Qualifier
    Drop from 23t to 19t on pinion and from 83t to 90t spur, if u running nimh with stock gearing and terrain that u told us, it will heat the motor but not overheat, i would still drop your ratio... get a lipo and then go back to stock ratio.

RC Racer
    Thanks guys.
    Any suggestions for a Lipo, what would you recommend from this Lipo's ? ?

P.s: Lipo has a higher voltage, right ? It gives more power to the car, right ?
    So how come it doesn't make the motor get even hotter than with the NIMH ?

P.s (2) pinion is the motor drive ?

is there any recommends (brand / type) for this pinion + spur ?
    Last edited by mudrunner; 04-29-2012 at 01:49 PM.

RC Racer
    ?