Thread: link app help

RC poster

link app help

I have a slash ultimate 4x4 and I have the app linked to the correct one and everything on it seems to be working except the dashboard it doesn't detect my speed or anything

RC poster
    Do you have the telemetry sensors and required add ons? You will need more than just the TQI transmitter.
    http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...mate-telemetry
    Cheers

RC poster
    ah, thanks! I don't have to buy all of them do I? just the ones that I want to see work?
    Last edited by rtopcf; 04-27-2012 at 08:44 PM.

RC poster
    I am no expert, but as I understand it, if you want to see the speed and RPM you will need the RPM sensor, and a trigger magnetic. I.E. for RPM and speed, you would need the sensor, part #6520. A well as part #6539 if you run the center diff or part# 6538 if you run the slipper clutch. You will also need a way to mount the RPM sensor near the trigger magnet. Traxxas offers 2 different motor mounts #6860a or 6860r to achieve this result. Not sure how this will work if you have an aftermarket motor mount i.e. Kingheadz, modification may be required.

RC poster
    You don't have to buy all of them (at once). Voltage and temperature sensors are very easy to install, so they are a good start. The temperature sensor is cheaper than a heat sink or cooler

RC Competitor
    You can put the RPM sensor into the stock motor mount. Just remove the existing blank plug and install.
    The sensors are cheap. The spur gear sensor comes with one for the slipper and one for the center differential. Read the right up below I did when I installed it in my Slash Ultimate.
    6538 Telemetry Trigger Magnet Holder
    6520 Sensor RPM Long
    6521 Sensor Temp
    6541 Power Tap Connector

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ight=telemetry
    Last edited by Hemiram09; 08-19-2012 at 08:36 PM.

RC Competitor
    Make sure the sensor is pluged into the TM port, which is the last port from CH1. There is an expansion port (and you'll need the expansion module) for adding in more sensors. I'm only using the temp and battery volt sensor in my cars, and haven't had a problem. And I think I read something about the expansion module being needed for the GPS speed sensor when it comes out.
    Last edited by Chief409; 08-19-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Slash 4X4 SSC , T-MAXX, Revo and Bandit
    TQi, iPod