Thread: Question

RC poster

Question

Just bought a rustler VXL. Has the Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz High Output radio system. It works fine when its set to the 50/50 setting. When I set it to the 70/30 setting it accelerates without even pulling the trigger. I tried going thru the manual to reprogram it but did'nt get anywhere. What am I missing. Thanks in advance!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    What did you try to reprogram?
    The controller or the ESC?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    You really want to leave the Tx on 50/50 unless you want more throttle and less braking movement from the trigger. Usually racers change this so they have a better throttle control from the trigger. If you change the 50/50 to 70/30 without reprogramming your ESC & Tx it will throttle forward.

Look in your manual on pg.18 " VXL-3S-Setup Programming ( Calibrating your ESC & Tx ) ". This is an easy 6 step fix. You will have to do this each and every time you change from 50/50 to 70/30. Best to leave it alone.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    this has happened on my slash, and i still haven't found out why reverse gets locked out
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Competitor
    Flicking the 50/50 to 70/30 just makes the receiver think you're holding it 20% back all the time. It's not an electronic feature, its a mechanical one. The simplest way to correct it if you just want to muck around is have the multifunction knob set to 'throttle trim' and use it to zero the throttle when 50/50 & 70/30 are changed.

RC Qualifier
    Dont let the numbers fool you, it wont be faster on the 70/30 - The option on the tx changes the swing of the trigger, increasing it by 20%, like Harley au said, its just mechanical & throttle trim.
    Last edited by Little Smokey; 04-28-2012 at 04:51 AM.
    Mini Revo VXL 7107
    E-Maxx 3903 - He Lives!

RC Competitor
    I will just point out doing it my way isn't for a pernament thing, its just to try it.
    What'll happen is the last 20% of throttle will all be the same, and 20% of reverse will be 'missing'.
    To fix that 20% error the ESC has to be recalibrated.