Thread: Clicking Noise

RC Enthusiast

Clicking Noise

Hello:

I have a clicking noise when I run my E-Revo. I tried to pick it up and run it; no clicking noise. Just clicks when I accelerate. Anyone have that problem? If so di you fix it? Thanks.

Tim
    E-Maxx 3903, 2 Titan 550s bought in April 2010

RC Enthusiast
    Rear diff. Normally the bearing say baai baai and the balls gets into the gears. Repace bearings and gears and all is OK.

RC Qualifier
    Check both. It could be front or back. The gears teeth do crack or break off under stress (typicly 1 tooth) rebuilt 12 difs in various traxxas models of mine, never saw ball bearings chew up a dif. If you didn't service your bearings evry 4 or 6 months, and just ran it for a year hard, could see that happening. Look at your bearings, if the blue seal is coming off change em out. Otherwise rinse them in wd40 then drop em in some 10-30 to soak for a min. Clean dif housing of old grease and metal flakes before installing new gear & oil. You can identifiy where noise is coming from (front or back) if you run it slow than brake in front of you a few times bent down listening with body off.

RC Enthusiast
    It was my rear diff. The teeth on the pinion was worn down so bad that the front tires were doing 90% of the force. I went ahead and bought the whole rear differential. I wonder if there is a way to prevent this from happening again.
    E-Maxx 3903, 2 Titan 550s bought in April 2010

Diffs...I've had to replace the ring gear a couple times...I heard shimming helps this problem.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-Diff-Shim-Mod

& here

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...to-shim-a-diff
    Rock n Rolla !