RC Qualifier

Highest c rating lipos for this car

Im lookin into batteries and see some that cost $50 for a 3s 5000Mah 40C rating and then some that are $170+ for same 3S 5000Mah 95C rating .. I see the TRX batteries are only 25C .. Do I need higher then 25C and will the 95C rated batts work? Will it go faster ? or just give it more power ?

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    go as high as you want on c rating. There is no max. There is a minimum though...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    thanks alot man !!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Keep in mind anything over about 40 is likely just a marketing ploy.

RC Qualifier
    Gonna try out these genAce 40C 5000maH 3S . Dont feel like blowin $300 on 2 batteries right now

RC Qualifier
    My 45C 3s batt gives me about 8km/h more top speed than my 30C 3S batt geared 31/76 in my slash. It's also always cooler after a long run than the 30C.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    judge .. does it make a differnce on the xo-1 or is it gearing limited to that top speed?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    judge .. does it make a differnce on the xo-1 or is it gearing limited to that top speed?
    The higher C batts will keep up to what the motor is drawing out of them easier. They can discharge themselves faster which means more of that 22.2volt juice can be dumped into motor per unit of time. So yeah the XO-1 should get a litttle more speed and acceleration with them. Not nearly as much as more volts though. Pump 8s into the 34t pinion and it should really howl if electrics don't meltdown. Xo-1 can only be geared so hi without major mods because bigger pinions will start having clearance probs and spur can only shrink to size of cushdrive. With my slash (XO-1 or any other car would be no different) the difference in topspeed between 30C & 45C increases as the car is geared higher. But there is definately a difference in performance between the C ratings.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Champion
    Interesting Judge. 45c Does look better than 30 but would you buy that a 90c is twice as good as your 45c? I'm with ducati777 on this one. Then some lipos are rated on burst instead of continous C rating. Cough cough maxamps.

RC Qualifier
    The 2 batts I mentioned are both rated continuous. A friend of mine (I chase his Slash in one of my vids) has a "Mediocre Amps" 5JillionC whatever and it performs the same as my 40C batts. He even had to pay for lipo sac, I thought they would throw that in. Along with the towel.
    lol I forgot he had 95C? in his question
    Last edited by judgegixxer; 04-26-2012 at 08:12 PM.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash