RC Enthusiast

good motor/brushless combo for the slash

ok so the ol man decided to look around for local rc tracks, seems he want''s to run my truck at the track .. so he said he go in half for a battery so we can just run around at the track having fun..and "bashing" around the house..
    so my question is Whats a good esc and motor to run 3s on? was thinking about the castle sidewinder. but what do u guys think?

RC Racer
    I really love my velineon motor and esc and it does not lack AT ALL when it comes to power.
    Slash, Ken Block Fiesta
    Slash 4x4
    Summit

RC Champion
    I think the preferred Castle on 3s is usually the Mamba Max Pro though the Sidewinder SV2 is 3s rated.

My Velineon system runs awesome on 3s and there are some bargains to be had if you keep your eye out on the selling forum here or run a Want To Buy listing for an ESC/Motor combo

RC Enthusiast
    hmm havnt seen a velineon in person kv isnt to bad. i run a 3900 2s max atm. but is the sv2 motor rated for 3 s?
    i thought it was 2 s max?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nateodgg89 View Post
    hmm havnt seen a velineon in person kv isnt to bad. i run a 3900 2s max atm. but is the sv2 motor rated for 3 s?
    i thought it was 2 s max?
    SV2 rated for 3s, 4600 4-pole CC rated 3s

RC Enthusiast
    ahh the sv2 is the 4600kv then? i gotcha what does the price on that range :/