RC Enthusiast

Red face Traxxas Telemetry sensor compatibility

Does anyone know if the Traxxas Telemetry sensors will work with other makes of radio?

I am thinking of using the RPM sensor with my Spektrum radio, now that the new spur/gear cover ect is available.

RC Champion
    Because no-one has responded yet - I'm thinking that they should work just fine. They are very basic sensors, nothing to them, I don't see why they wouldn't work on other systems.

RC Champion
    I've been wondering about this also. I just ordered the traxxas rpm sensor of eBay and will try it on my DX3s when it gets here.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Enthusiast
    Glad you have taken the plunge RobWilJas, can you let us know if it works as I am going to use on the same radio but was too tight to buy it to try it
    Cheers

RC Champion
    Yeah I'll let you know. I actually have my DX3s listed for sale on craigslist because I wanted to buy 3 TQi's for my trucks, but now I want to hold off so I can see if the sensor works for it. If it does I may just stick with the DX3s.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Because no-one has responded yet - I'm thinking that they should work just fine. They are very basic sensors, nothing to them, I don't see why they wouldn't work on other systems.
    That is some strange logic. I would strongly doubt it, but not having them in my hands...IDK.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWilJas View Post
    Yeah I'll let you know. I actually have my DX3s listed for sale on craigslist because I wanted to buy 3 TQi's for my trucks, but now I want to hold off so I can see if the sensor works for it. If it does I may just stick with the DX3s.
    I have been told by an electrickery engineer that it should work fine as it is only a pulse that the rx picks up from the sensor so hopefully all will be well.
    I just need to find and get the trigger magnet from somewhere now

RC Champion
    That's correct fraggs, they are very simple sensors, and there's no real reason why they shouldn't work for other systems... It's similar to asking, "Can the LED's from my *thisbrand* work on my Traxxas car?" ... most of the time, yes.

RC Champion
    Sorry guys, my Traxxas RPM sensor hasn't gotten here yet and I got a buyer for my DX3s and went ahead and sold it. I just ordered 3 TQi's off ebay. Someone else will have to test it.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Champion
    Awwwwwwww man I was waiting!! Haha nah oh well :P

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggs View Post
    I have been told by an electrickery engineer that it should work fine as it is only a pulse that the rx picks up from the sensor so hopefully all will be well.
    I just need to find and get the trigger magnet from somewhere now
    I don't see why it would not work as you said it goes by the pulse, I have a dx3s but not the traxxas telemetry ... But they are the same plug ect ect you should be fine. Then again if one of you nice guys want to send me a traxxas telemetry sensor I would be more then happy to give it a try for free or course
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

RC Competitor
    The traxxas rpm sensor is magnetic so your need a 2x2x1mm magnet been playing with it on a Spartan, ive got a spare temp sensor i'll try that on my DX6i

RC Enthusiast
    arrgh!! what is it with this, the guy I was getting the sensors from has pulled them of ebay for the price I was buying them for as he said they were listed wrong, going to have to order another sensor and magnet now so even longer wait until I can try it out.
    (I could mod the gear cover to fit the spekky sensor, but dont really want to mess up the gear cover trying to make it fit )

RC Competitor
    i used ValueRC on ebay but looks like he's run out

RC Enthusiast
    Cheer Pvtspoon I think they are on back order from Traxxas atm, my LHS is waiting on a delivery so I will get them as soon as stock arrives