RC poster

Question First Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta - How to start

Hi,

i'm interessted in a Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta car. I'm new to all this stuff, so i'm not sure if this is all the right direction to start with?!
    Further i'm from germany, so if i order the car, i want to have the "Upgrade" with it. Means the 1400mah 11.1v 3-Cell 25C LiPO Battery + Wire harness, parallel battery connection and the optional pinion gear, to get the ~ 50mph.

My first question: What optional pinion gear do i need (link from traxxas.com)? Am i ready with that to have a good start with the car?
    Second one: Is this all a good idea to start with ? Because i order from germany, i need a good package to have some fun with the car without taking a second or third order.

thanks so far!

RC Competitor
    The Traxxas recommended "high speed" gear is the 31T pinion. Though if you are going to be running 3S lipos, I wouldn't recommend it. It will be running way too hot. In fact, I have been completely happy with 2S lipos. Make sure you get a motor heatsink/fan combo to keep your temps down. This car is fine for starters. Just realize that without better tires and spring setup anything "offroad" is pretty much out of the question.
    You can drive my car, but there's a $500 deposit.

RC poster
    OK, many thanks! So the combo ->

1400mah 11.1v 3-Cell 25C LiPO Battery + Wire harness, parallel battery connection + Gear, 31-T pinion (48-pitch) / set screw + Heat sink, Velineon 380 brushless motor, aluminum

should do it for the start?

RC Champion
    i beleive the "speed" pinion comes with the car

and all traxxas pinion come with set/grub screws