RC poster

Replacement parts for TQ3 radio?

My son dropped and broke my TQ3 tx that I use for my Tmaxx. A long time ago I put a rechargable battery in it, with a charging port on the back, so I really don't want to replace this remote. He broke the wheel off that is used for turning, so I took it apart and it's actually a very small black piece that I need, but can't seem to find anyone that sells parts for these.

Can anyone help? (I know it's old and a newer radio is the way to go, but $ is tight)

As far as I know, those parts are not sold individually.

Can you take a picture of the part you need?
    I might be able to locate one for you.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Unless someone on the forum can help you out, I suggest checking around hobby shops for a deal on an old used one, that way you can have it for other parts!

RC poster
    Under the "Traxxas" sticker in the center of the steering wheel is a small screw, if you take the remote apart, the part on mine that is broken is the black plastic piece that the small screw threads into. This piece is keyed with a rectangular hole so it slides down over the steering motor or whatever it is called. There is also an arm near it with a small spring attached, but if you pry up on the black piece that the screw threads into, it will come off. I can email the picture of the broken piece, but the forum will not let me attach a picture from my computer, just a URL of the pic which isn't uploaded anywhere yet.

RC Champion
    Upload a pic for us to see, just go to imageshack.us .. no account even needed, just click on "upload" and you're good! Copy and paste the link to this, not sure what we can do other than suggest some ideas, but hey lets see what happens! =)

RC poster
    Broken piece:

Other half of broken piece still on steering wheel:

The steering motor where it slides onto:
    Last edited by vetteguy123; 04-24-2012 at 08:51 PM.

RC Champion
    Ah! That "motor" is called a pot, short for potentiometer! =) (watch Jimmie'll probably chime in to try to beat me on this one! bwahah)

I wonder if you couldn't just bring that to a hardware store and ask one of the guys there to fix you up with something that'll work out for you! That piece that is broken is certainly not sold separately.

Possibilities:

Local hobby shop may have an old transmitter for cheap
    Ebay might, MIGHT have someone selling theirs for parts, but more likely the whole unit

Sorry for the not so great news.

The "motor" is a potentiometer.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. NStampede Freak's Avatar
    I probably have that shaft as have plenty of old TQ2 parts laying around if you need.
    N Stampede 2.5R
    E Stampede VXL
    Tmaxx 2.5

I am trying to send him one....
    My post office sends it... yet some other post office keeps rejecting it and sending it back.
    It should arrive any day now, really.

(I think someone got into trouble for sending it back... the post master made some calls while I was there pertaining to this package. lol)