RC Racer

Tuning the steering

Ok, I finally got to play with my Slash tonight at a distance. I did notice that when I let got of the steering it wanted to track to the right. No biggie I thought. Looked in my owners manual, read up on the Steering Trim knob. Pretty easy to do. What I do notice is that when I turned the trim knob all the way clockwise, it made the wheels straight (sitting static). But now when I test the steering on my work bench (card board box it was shipped in) the steering will not return straight. What I mean is, I can adjust the steering so that if I turn right, the wheel returns center, with that same adjustment, if I turn left, the wheels return just left of center. Same goes if I adjust the other way. I can't seem to be able to get them to return straight after turning left and then right, or vice verse. What is the issue?
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4wd
    When does it stop?

RC Racer
    I had written a second post, stating what a expert I am now, not so much! I called Traxxas support, he walked me through a hard reset. The sun is shinning again! The support at Traxxas is great, best I have ever seen from any company, those people really know their product. I know for some of you, no big deal, but for me, "Justarting" out, they are kings.
    Last edited by Justarting; 04-23-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4wd
    When does it stop?

RC Racer
    I'm glad to hear that it worked out. What do you mean by a hard reset though?
    I'm just a big hairy American winning machine

RC Racer
    Through a series of pushing buttons on the TX and removal of the arm from the servo, you electronically reset your servo. By the way pm me your unit and mos.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4wd
    When does it stop?

Traxxas support is second to none! Don't be ashamed to call them, that is what they are there for! Glad everything worked out for you!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Justarting View Post
    Through a series of pushing buttons on the TX and removal of the arm from the servo, you electronically reset your servo. By the way pm me your unit and mos.
    Alright, I know what you mean. I had to do that when my trim was jacked up. I'm Air Force so no MOS here. My afsc is vehicle maintenance though.
    I'm just a big hairy American winning machine