RC Enthusiast

question about brushless motor plz help

do you think i can run a 4300KV BRUSHLESS MOTOR in my 2wd slash. if so what other parts would i need if any

RC Qualifier
    yes you could, you would need a speed control that could handle the power. other than that the gear box is built for brushless. By the way, welcome to the forum's this is were you come when ever you have a ?.
    Slash 2wd Vxl, ERBE; Crash N Learn

RC Enthusiast
    Sweet thank you .. i have the speed control for it ...that just saved me 150.00. would you know anything about gearing.?

RC Qualifier
    i would, since it has higher KV, the torque is lower. stay at the stock gearing for to prevent over- heating
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Enthusiast
    i 'm taken the motor and esc out my hpi bullet flux . I Hate to bash other company stuff but this was the biggest waste money ever going stick with my traxxas stuff for good now...

RC Racer
    I run the revtec 10.5 which is 4550 kv or about with a MMP and it rips. Run a 3 cell and you cant keep the front tires on the ground but the motor gets hot too fast for the track but great for bashing without too much low speed starts like coming out of corners.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry2000 View Post
    I run ...4550 kv... Run a 3 cell ...the motor gets hot too fast ....
    No kiddin?

Low KV, high volts if you want true power.

High KV is only good if you're limited to 2s power. Otherwise its just a recipe for burnt up motors and ESC's. I'm suspicious of any 540 can over 3500 kv. If you just GOTTA have high kv, do yourself a favor and step up the can size also.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    No kiddin?

Low KV, high volts if you want true power.

High KV is only good if you're limited to 2s power. Otherwise its just a recipe for burnt up motors and ESC's. I'm suspicious of any 540 can over 3500 kv. If you just GOTTA have high kv, do yourself a favor and step up the can size also.
    I run 2 cell for the most part because 3 is just too fast for the track. 3 cell is fun for when friends are over and you want those 60-70 mph passes down the street.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowman View Post
    do you think i can run a 4300KV BRUSHLESS MOTOR in my 2wd slash. if so what other parts would i need if any
    Keep it geared low for bashing, stay away from 3S with it. I've run 5000kv and 7600kv in my slash. The 7600kv only survived because I put ceramic bearings in it and it was mainly used for speedruns. Get one of the little hand thermometers from your hobbystore so you can monitor temps as you bash. Most motors are rated for 175max temp but I would try to stay 150 or less. Temp is the best way to find your perfect gear ratio.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash