RC Champion

Noah's Ark Found???

I just thought this article was interesting, not saying I believe that they've found it or not.
    Just thought it was neat.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...turkey-ararat/
    If this instigates a in-depth discussion, let's please keep it mature and clean.
    Last edited by 1979chevy.; 04-23-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Champion
    They have been looking into this area for quite some time. Just been rough because of the location and politics. This is certainly a story to keep watching...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    This story is a few years old & was proven to be a hoax from memory

You can believe what you like but it may as well have been the Easter bunny den or Santa's sleigh in my opinion

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PBO View Post
    This story is a few years old & was proven to be a hoax from memory

You can believe what you like but it may as well have been the Easter bunny den or Santa's sleigh in my opinion
    I knew this story was not entirely new but there seems to be an update.
    Don't get me wrong, I believe that God flooded the earth, and I am a Christian. I'm just not convinced completely that they've actually found the vessel.

RC Qualifier
    now scientists have no more excuses on the bible not being the truth
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by f687s View Post
    now scientists have no more excuses on the bible not being the truth
    Well I don't think they've ever had many excuses that made any reputable sense.
    Even if this is not the ship, there is still much more proof that there was a great flood.

something made out of wood would not last 4500 yrs or even for that matter 1000yrs without rotting and falling apart even the most quality wood wouldnt be able to preserve its self in any climate. IMO though they could find some part still intact maybe but highly doubt that though, i believe also they God did flood the earth and receeded the water as stated in the bible. there are so many different things that point you and show you what the bible says, look at the world now and how it is drifting away from biblical truths not talking about anyone in specific just in general with crime happening every min or even for that matter ever 30secs awful crimes too at that no to mention any though. marriage is falling apart and moral values also. i put too much out there sorry if this is against traxxas rules please adjust as you see fitting please.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    I agree, things that make it partially believable to me are that the Bible said that Noah and his sons covered the Ark's wood with tar to water proof it.
    And the last is that if there was a sudden climate change after the Ark landed, such as a temperature drop causing massive amounts of snow and ice to cover the vessel.
    Wood won't rot without the precense of oxygen, if the ice or volcanic ash sealed the wood I can see how some could be preserved.

Still that is just a chance, I, like Mike believe that what the Bible states is true, I'm not convinced yet.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Its an intriguing idea... I find any info on this subject fascinating. Despite finding the arc or not, I believe the bible is true on all accounts.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Must have been an intriguing vessel...

It rained for 40 days, the earth was flooded for 110, water receded...doves etc etc. Call it a year

The ark therefore held all known species of flora, say 400,000 +/-, all known fauna, say 50,000,000 +/-, while we're at it let's just say all known "fish" survived ....must have been an intriguingly large ark...what did they all eat for a year?

RC Champion
    I'm with you PBO.... some stuff just plain doesn't make sense. I don't mean to offend anyone and peoples beliefs are peoples beliefs and I don't want to change... or even influence them. Where I was headed though... It would be pretty sweet if they could uncover some more clues and get a computer model of this ship that was able to do so much.

It doesn't make sense because it's not possible.. It's physically impossible for a ship of that size to hold every specie of plant and animal on this planet.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

Exact scale replica of Noahs Ark

http://jamesjpn.net/index.php/2011/0...-of-noahs-ark/

There is no need for it to hold all the plants. The bible doesnt say plants, it says animals. And while I do not believe in evolution I do believe that there are numerous new species of animals on the planet today thanks to cross breeding between similar species. Furthermore, weather or not your a believer to start with will very much effect your opinions of what God could and did do after the flood. IF you believe the flood and Noahs Ark is true, then you'd be more likely to believe that God himself has the power to re-build the animal population on earth.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I'm curious - if someone doesn't believe in all the stories laid out in the bible or an omnipotent being creating all, is it possible there really was a massive flooding with someone building an ark? It'd be funny if that were the case - how everyone who wholeheartedly believed everything was wrong, but all dissenters were wrong as well. Life tends not to be an all-or-nothing game.

OK, if you believe that Noah did, in fact, build an arc that held 2 of each species alive on the planet at that time and survived the flood. In that case it would be easier to believe that the God who allegedly told him to do and brought the animals to him, also had a hand in repopulating the earth. Im not trying to be difficult. Im simply saying that its easy to argue that it didnt happen the way the bible says it did (or the way those who believe the bible trust that it did happen) if you don't believe the bible in the first place. Thats all I'm getting at. Its one of those arguments that simply can't be won by either said because the underlaying beliefs of the 2 sides are different.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

as a believer in the truth of Gods Word, i dont like to have disagreements with anyone. We as believers in Bible believe what it says while others choose to believe what they want or what is convient for them at one point or another. I praise God for everything ex. like my home, clothes, food, wife, and even the rc hobby that i am able to have and be on this forum with everyone else here. At one time or another we all will call out to our Heavenly Father to take us to our eternal home where there will be no more suffering as is in this world.

I find that amazing Pave about the guy building a replica of the Ark. nice would like to see that but the Netherlands too too far for me to travel. maybe sometime in life.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Its weird.... in the pics it looks large in some pics and smaller in others. The one with the guy on the bottom level makes the ark look HUGE... but when theyre standing on the top level it looks much smaller. Id LOVE to see it up close. But like for you, its just too far away. Oh well.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    The recreation looks fine to me, some of the images have a forced perspective which probably increases/decreases size according to your own expectation? Not convinced that it's an exact replica of anything though

It's quite difficult to objective discuss people's beliefs without upsetting someone, I say the following with respect for others & my own views...

I'm not a religious person although I was educated within a religious system. I can't believe in an interventionist 'god' while there is so many contradictions generally, so much suffering of innocent children, so many other religions etc. It just doesn't make sense

The Bible (whichever version you prefer) is usually accepted as the truth & if I quote pavmentsurfer "I believe the bible is true on all accounts", this is a common sentiment. When I've objectively discussed specifics from the Bible with people who have echoed this sentiment, their 'argument' often shifts into an interpretation, which in my view detracts from or even contradicts the original. My point being that wherever interpretation becomes the greater application of thought or reasoning then surely the original is less important or valuable. This point is especially poignant when considered against the various Muslim interpretations of the Koran & how they are applied...we in the West see them basically as right or wrong/good or bad when they affect us directly, yet it's just interpretation when applied to our own beliefs

I don't have a problem with peoples individual beliefs as I've said but when it's subjective it waters down the argument to me, worse when statements of logic such as "well you can't prove God doesn't exist, therefore he does" are used. The same when the "just because" argument is used to fill in the blanks. Now Western religious interpretation is incorporating science into its teachings & using clever assimilation tactics to further justify the religious interest

It's far easier for me to believe in evolution (the scientific proof is overwhelming & increasing each day) & that mankind has horrible flaws as well as incredible morality & integrity...some need help & guidance, some don't, some enjoy following, some enjoy leading...& everything inbetween

RC Champion
    (the scientific proof is overwhelming & increasing each day)
    Again, I don't want to get into any heated discussions, and I understand I can't make others believe what I do.
    Science, alone, cannot prove a single thing - Some take the position that if science doesn't give us reason to believe in something, then no good reason exists. That's simply the false assumption of scientism. Read this write up - http://www.str.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5559

If there is no God, then all that exists is time and chance acting on matter. If this is true then the difference between your thoughts and mine correspond to the difference between shaking up a bottle of Mountain Dew and a bottle of Dr. Pepper. You simply fizz atheistically and I fizz theistically. This means that you do not hold to atheism because it is true , but rather because of a series of chemical reactions… … Morality, tragedy, and sorrow are equally evanescent. They are all empty sensations created by the chemical reactions of the brain, in turn created by too much pizza the night before. If there is no God, then all abstractions are chemical epiphenomena, like swamp gas over fetid water. This means that we have no reason for assigning truth and falsity to the chemical fizz we call reasoning or right and wrong to the irrational reaction we call morality. If no God, mankind is a set of bi-pedal carbon units of mostly water. And nothing else.

Douglas Wilson

I would like to talk about this issue in an adult manner, I don't believe in arguing for the point of arguing, and shooting hate at anyone is wrong.
    Let's please keep our cool.
    Moderators: If this goes too far please, by all means shut this thing down.
    Thanks

^^ Well spoken... very well.

After much of my own reading from many sides (not just my own, I don't base my beliefs on what one person has told me) its becoming more and more clear each day within the scientific community that the world we live in could not possibly have been the result of time and chance. Even the most staunch evolutionists are beginning to accept that there is no other answer but that some sort of "higher power" must have, at some point, intervened. Of course, weather you accept this "higher power" as the God I know or simply some inexplicable cosmic mind the real, unaltered evidence is pointing more toward "intelligent design" each day. Anyone still caught in the "accidental" theory is simply not keeping up with the non religious scientific times. Again, I'm not saying science is accepting that the God of the bible created life... simply just that, from DNA to deep space, nearly every argument for evolution has been proven impossible by the original idea itself.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    That would be pretty cool if they found it!
    BL E-Revo-After 14months, its done!*
    (yeah right)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    Science, alone, cannot prove a single thing
    Why not? what support does science need?

RC Champion
    Why not? what support does science need?
    What support does science need?
    It cannot prove anything, we can't base laws on unknown principals, it just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by 1979chevy.; 04-24-2012 at 08:38 PM.

RC Champion
    This is one of those hard to comment on topics because sometimes you have to be so sensitive to others feelings. I personally believe in the flying spaghetti monster and the Annunaki theory...

Just kidding about the flying spaghetti monster!

RC Champion
    Haha flying spaghetti monster, what is the Annunaki theory?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    This is one of those hard to comment on topics because sometimes you have to be so sensitive to others feelings. I personally believe in the flying spaghetti monster and the Annunaki theory...

thats where maturity and respect comes into play...... ive been in many similar topic discussions and if they ever get out of hand 9 out of 10 times its due to a lack of maturity/respect from one or multiple sid

Just kidding about the flying spaghetti monster!

thats where maturity and respect comes into play...... ive been in many similar topic discussions and if they ever get out of hand 9 out of 10 times its due to a lack of maturity/respect from one or multiple sides.

RC Champion
    I think this thread has been great so far. I hope it continues. Mutual respect for different view points is what makes this world go round!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    I think this thread has been great so far. I hope it continues. Mutual respect for different view points is what makes this world go round!
    Yeah I agree, we can't just throw out junk to make others mad.
    It just shows we have too much time on our hands, and the maturity of a five year old if that

Agreed with this ^^ stuff. At the end of the day we all have to understand that everyone has their own view and its not likely comments on a forum are going to change it. As long as the "discussion" stays just that, and doesnt turn into an argument (I suppose that can be a VERY fine line) I find the whole thing very interesting.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Agreed with this ^^ stuff. At the end of the day we all have to understand that everyone has their own view and its not likely comments on a forum are going to change it. As long as the "discussion" stays just that, and doesnt turn into an argument (I suppose that can be a VERY fine line) I find the whole thing very interesting.
    Agree completely,

RC Champion
    I just wanted to add something

(Gen 7:2,3) "You shall take with you 7 each of every clean animal, a male and his female; 2 each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female. Also 7 each of birds of the air, male and female, to keep the species alive on the face of the earth."

(Gen7:20) "Then Noah built and altar to the Lord, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the alter..."

So that ark actually had to be pretty big if it had 2 of every single animal and then 5 extra of the clean.

(Gen 7:20) "The waters prevailed 15 cubits upward, and the mountains were covered."
    (Gen 6:15) tell us its Length*Width*Height was 300*50*30 cubits

That is a monstrous boat @ 20 mountains long* 3 mountains wide* 2 mountains high.

Also its not that hard to image a huge boat built over a large time span. Noah was 600 years old (Gen 7:6)
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Champion
    It cannot prove anything, we can't base laws on unknown principals, it just doesn't make sense.
    I assume you're referring to scientific laws & principals? which ones in particular? because I doubt you reject them all - whether you realise it or not

RC Qualifier
    I like to start by stating my views. I am not religious at all, to even the point where i would say i am not an aethiest (sorty my spelling is aweful at the moment - great for a grammar education right!!). I dont really believe in evolution, but i can see it has its merits and would be what i would lean to i forced to make a decision. Having done a module at uni on evolution it is just a simple straight forward clear idea with evidence to back it up.

However as with anything to do with science the theory can and will evolve. Along these same lines i believe that something similar to Star Treks warp drives or Stargates hyperspace drives are possible technologies. Im not saying they are 100% but they cannot be ruled out becuase of the knowledge we have. A theory on anything in science can be proven wrong in time and that theory updated. So to say faster than light travel is impossible is just a stupid and arrogant stance to take, our understanding of physics of the world and universe is limited so who is to say that in 100 years someone can (or can not) invent faster than light travel based on the increased knowledge they have over us. Remeber 2000 years ago the idea of a car, radios space travel or even that there was a universe to explore, would have been impossible for them to think of let alone comprehend and understand.

Based on that i cannot and will not ever say that god doesnt exist. Who am i to say that? Do i have the ability to meet him? Nope do i have the ability to speak to him? Nope. Do i have the ability to prove his existance either way? Nope. But what i do know is that i dont have the faith to believe in something so intangible to me. That could be a ba or good thing about my personality, either way its just me.

We cant base laws on unknown principals. And i think to a degree that holds us back in our development, i would assume a certain level of arrogance to the Steven Hawkins, Brian Cox's of the world and a rigidity that would have them argue for what they 'know' to be fact over some proof that they are wrong. But i could be off there, they may both be willing to admit thier errors - never met them so i couldnt be sure. But we can base theories on proven equations and outcomes. Which is the back up that scoence needs. Just as Christianity needs some backup to help explain how the dinosaurs were around millions of years before God even created the earth...

To me there are too many contradictions in the bible. How can such an all loving caring and benevolant God be so unbelievably cruel to his/her/its creations? We are all aparently equally loved by God, yet hunderds of years ago a good old King of England decided to lead a crusade upon the muslim world that made 9/11 look like playtime in the park. (believe me that is not a dig at 9/11 at all - any loss of life in such a manner - one person, a thousand or a million is an utter crime and something i despise (im a very left wing avoid conflict and prevent deaths kind of person)). And that crusade was all in the name of the Lord. Well im sorry but imo thats as bad as what we are told about extreemists now. Then there are the plagues that were inflicted, all because the people of Egypt (do i remember that right?) didnt want to believe in God and christianity - well if we were given free will to choose to believe what we want and follow what we want, and given the power to governance ourselves then why come and intervine just because they arent doing things how you want? That to me would make god a young child lashing out because he/she/it isnt getting what they want.

Finally: what was the reason for flooding the earth and killing all but a few of the human population and animal kingdom? If i remember right it was because of the sin, pain, suffering and general bad behaviour of most of the people right? So if thats the case and it happend 4500 years ago? Why hasnt God come back and done the same again? I mean by any definition of pretty much any religion the world and its inhabitants are worse than ever, it has even been touched on in this tread already, crime soaring, needless death and wars are occuring morality is at an all time low and has been for years. So where is Noah's ark version 2.0? Surely its about time for it now?

Last note: i do hope i havnt offended anyone here, i can and sometimes do get caught up in a discussion and take things a little too far. Please tell me if i have caused you offence as it was not intended and i will apologise now for it if i have. Everything above is meant to be food for the discussion, not an attack on any person or groups of people - everyone should have their own opinion otherwise the world would be so intollerably boring!
    VXL P2de, rusty MMP Orion vortex, mid '90's P2de

The question about why no ark 2.0 is answered already (if you choose to believe it). God promised never to wipe out humanity again... until the day he returns to reclaim the earth and his followers. Which, biblically speaking, is what the rainbow symbolizes.

The question about why a God who loves us can allow horrible things to happen on earth, even in his OWN name no less, is a really tripping point for not only those who don't believe but those trying to explain our faith. There are many ideas and opinions out there but the one that catches me is simply this. God gave us free will... therefore WE can choose to do or not do things not only to ourselves but to each other. God didnt once say that he would stop another persons free will from effecting those who follow him. However, if we ALL followed him there would be no war and human atrocities. The fact that kings and leaders led Crusades that killed millions "in the name of the Lord" says nothing about who God is. They had the free will to say they were crusading for whom ever they wanted. No where in the bible does it say anything about "you should crusade and kill millions" so the logical answer to that is the PERSON themselves chose to crusade and give God and Christianity a bad name. Again, free will at its worst.

The problem with the world today is that we all believe we DESERVE free will when the truth is, as a species, human kind has never proven we are capable of handling it. Our free will too often negatively effects others. This starts a downward spiral where everyone is effected negatively, instead of the opposite. Is it God himself causing this to happen, NO... its the result of our God given free will.

The question of sickness will no doubt be the next question. And that one I do not have an answer for. Other than to say that the bible doesnt ever say "if you believe you'll never get sick". Only that if you believe, you have a home free from sickness in the next life. Christians are supposed to have an "eternal perspective". Meaning we realize that this life is barely a speck on the timeline of eternity and therefore, what happens here, good or bad, isnt really a big deal. As bad as it may seem at times, it pales in comparison to an eternity of happiness. It can be hard to keep that in perspective. But I got a solid dose of it when my daughter died at birth. I held her warm body for a minute here... on this earth and it was SO sad... heartbreaking in the literal sense. The only thing that got me through that moment as I passed her body to the doctor to be taken away forever was that one day I would meet her again in heaven and that all the sadness and hurt I was feeling at the time would be replaced by Joy and thankfulness that God loved us enough to make a place for us forever.

Our society believes we somehow deserve all good things without any effort. Why? IF God created us... ask yourself why. IF you want to accept that he created us to love and honour him... what happens if we don't? If we don't do what we are created to do, why do we DESERVE to be protected and made content? If you buy a DVD player so that you can be entertained by the DVDs you watch, but the DVD player refuses to play DVDs do you still leave it plugged in, care for it, keep it clean and present it on the shelf in a place of pride? No!. Why not? Because its not doing what you paid for it to do. Fortunately for us, God keeps trying and trying to play DVDs on us... he never throws us away. He just waits for the moment we get our firmware sorted out and decide to start playing the DVD he has for us to play.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    The question about why a God who loves us can allow horrible things to happen on earth, even in his OWN name no less, is a really tripping point for not only those who don't believe but those trying to explain our faith. There are many ideas and opinions out there but the one that catches me is simply this. God gave us free will... therefore WE can choose to do or not do things not only to ourselves but to each other. God didnt once say that he would stop another persons free will from effecting those who follow him. However, if we ALL followed him there would be no war and human atrocities. The fact that kings and leaders led Crusades that killed millions "in the name of the Lord" says nothing about who God is. They had the free will to say they were crusading for whom ever they wanted. No where in the bible does it say anything about "you should crusade and kill millions" so the logical answer to that is the PERSON themselves chose to crusade and give God and Christianity a bad name. Again, free will at its worst.
    Romans 13:4 - For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Ephesians 6:10-13 - Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Joshua 6:21 - And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ***, with the edge of the sword.

Joshua 10:40 - So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded.

Joshua 11:20 - For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the LORD commanded Moses.

There are more...

Traxxas Employee captainharlock's Avatar
    Before this thread goes wild, I am going to close it. This forum is not to discuss your personal beliefs.

I also like to point out that right underneath the picture says:

UPDATE: Experts Suspect Ark Is a Hoax
    Terminal is not the end, only the beginning...