Exclamation Strange "crunching/poping" sound in a new slayer pro...

I just got my new slayer pro runnning and broken in, and it started to make a "crunching/poping" sound. It still makes the sound even when the engine is not running, and it is getting a little worse after every run. If I pick the front up and spin one tire, it doesn't make the sound so it's not the front diff, and when I pick up the rear and spin one tire it doesn't make the sound either, so I know the sound is not coming from the diffs. When I roll the truck forward after it rolls about 2-3 feet it feels like it gets stuck on somthing, then it makes that "pop/crunch" sound and it contineues to roll 2-3 feet and then it does it again. I really don't know if this is normal because it's a 2 speed or because it's new, but I don't want to contine to run it and make the problem worse. Please help me find out what is causing this sound! THANKS! -Wolfslash16
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    check your tranny. i know i was having problems with mine when i first started running. the pin on the main shaft in the tranny thats held in by the little D clip kept snappin on me untill i found a happy medium with my slipper. or see if you have any rocks stuck anywhere.

Call Traxxas they will be able to help you with this one. sounds like it's something in the transmission.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

Well, I took my slayer out for another run to see if I could pin point the problem, and after a entire tank of gas of listining to it make that sound and not being able to find what it was, I got "extremly irritated" and I started to tear down the ENTIRE truck. After about 2 hours of taking it apart I found what the problem was.It's the rear diff. The rear diff "binds" when you turn the main input shaft and makes popping and snaging sounds. I didn't find the problem earler because it only binds when the input shaft is turned, not when the inside of the diff is turning. In other words, it only "binds" when one wheel turns more than the other one making the diff turn inside, so I didn't find the problem untill I took the diff out and turned the main shaft. I'm hopeing I can send it to traxxas under warrenty or somthing because I've never taken the diff apart (I don't want to void the warenty) and I just got it 2 days ago. (I've only ran it 2 times not including the break in) So wish me luck guys! I'm hoping for the best! PS Does anyone know if traxxas covers things like this, and how do you send it in to have to fixed/replaced?

Just call Traxxas customer service and tell them what's happening. They may just send you an entirely new diff. If it's new and it is a factory defect, more than likely it's covered.

Well, I called Traxxas and I told them what my problem was and they said they would send me a diff! Man, that is why you by Traxxas rc cars. They always build GREAT quailty cars (I've rolled my slash down and off a 25ft drop at the park and it didn't break anything) and when somthing does go wrong with the car the help you fix it by providing great help or the send you new parts. WAY TO GO TRAXXAS!!!! YOU"VE GOT ONE LOYAL CUSTOMER NOW!!