RC Champion

T Maxx 3.3 .....Whats it worth????

My buddy has a Ginormous T Maxx 3.3 he got a year ago and never could get it to run, everything is new on it with 11" tall wheels and alloy everything, the only plastic on it is the electronics, its in excellent shape and I got it running and tuned last night,nothing beats the sound and feel of a nitro..... the only thing it needs is the plastic ring ontop of the motor(only half there not sure why) and a servo saver(it has a weak spring but works),had my slash with me and let her rip.......he was sold and wants to sell the t maxx to get an electric or 2, whats something like this go for??? i will try to get a pic when i see him later today thanks for any info.

RC Enthusiast
    $500 or $600 if your lucky

Unless it has some quality aluminum parts I would say less than the above.

Unless the aluminum parts are made by some one like UE, GA or select FLM parts, aluminum or other hop ups usually do not add to the price of the rig.

Unless they are for show, not many people interested in running extremely large wheels and tires on their trucks either, it may be best to sell the tires separately and install some decent shoes on the truck.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Champion
    He has the stock tractor style tires for it as well, ime not sure what brand it all is but the chassis braces are integy.....

RC Qualifier
    Snook's points are well said. For the most part, guys dont want to buy someone elses
    shelf queen, they want to build thier own. So, only way to
    really make money on a shelf queen is to part it out.
    And brand names matter. Used Supermaxx parts sell like hotcakes on ebay.
    Used Integy? Dont think Ive ever seen used Integy for sale. Anywhere.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Champion
    Its by far not a shelf queen, or at least now it isnt, you can see it has had use but you can also see its all new, i will take some pics of it sometime today and then maybe a better idea of what its worth.

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    Quote Originally Posted by jaman View Post
    Its by far not a shelf queen, or at least now it isnt, you can see it has had use but you can also see its all new, i will take some pics of it sometime today and then maybe a better idea of what its worth.
    what they mean by shelf queen is cheap aluminum and lots of it, if its all integy its cheap aluminum, they cast and use poor quality aluminum...

also you dont want aluminum on the a-arms/bumpers or bumpermounts/or the body posts... those you want to leave plastic and just get good plastics like rpm or delrin...
    Last edited by kuskye25; 04-23-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jaman View Post
    I never intended my all alumn. Maxx to be a shelf queen. I bashed with it for a while
    but the soon the cost and frequency of replacing
    cracked and bent parts became overwhelming. Therefore I parked it, on a shelf.

It was too heavy for tyhe single disk brake to handle so It crashed into things alot.
    I eventually sold it 500.00 About a 1/3 of what I had invested in it.
    I hope your buddy has better luck selling his.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC poster
    hello everyone im new to nitro i have a t maxx 2.5 r cant get the idael to set every time i run it and hitg brakes it stalls the engine is new trying to do break in cant seem to set the idael any help will be use full tryed adjusting linkeage still cant seem to get it right need help thanks for your time

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pasterhank View Post
    hello everyone im new to nitro i have a t maxx 2.5 r cant get the idael to set every time i run it and hitg brakes it stalls the engine is new trying to do break in cant seem to set the idael any help will be use full tryed adjusting linkeage still cant seem to get it right need help thanks for your time
    You should've started your own thread. If it's dying when you hit the brakes it sounds like at idle the linkage is what's holding the carburetor slide open and not the idle adjustment screw.
    Last edited by johnny5c; 04-23-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

RC Champion
    He was actually thinking of asking $500.....
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroTrout View Post
    I never intended my all alumn. Maxx to be a shelf queen. I bashed with it for a while
    but the soon the cost and frequency of replacing
    cracked and bent parts became overwhelming. Therefore I parked it, on a shelf.

It was too heavy for tyhe single disk brake to handle so It crashed into things alot.
    I eventually sold it 500.00 About a 1/3 of what I had invested in it.
    I hope your buddy has better luck selling his.

RC Racer
    Not to be a downer but why do people use Alloy on basher cars/trucks are they not performance upgrades just wondering about this i see trucks covered in Alloy parts and they say it crashs and costs lots to repair but its fun, Why not get spongy and plastic parts that take a Beating and strengthen the core of the machines .

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wayke View Post
    Not to be a downer but why do people use Alloy on basher cars/trucks are they not performance upgrades just wondering about this i see trucks covered in Alloy parts and they say it crashs and costs lots to repair but its fun, Why not get spongy and plastic parts that take a Beating and strengthen the core of the machines .
    And a set of lets say rpm a arms are alot cheaper then any aluminum ones. i also believe they have some kind of guarantee on there products.
    I have no stress because I am the best!

RC Champion
    Lifetime gaurentee.......
    Quote Originally Posted by ckysmith2011 View Post
    And a set of lets say rpm a arms are alot cheaper then any aluminum ones. i also believe they have some kind of guarantee on there products.