RC Qualifier

Question Battery expansion kit + ESC Fan = Body wont fit!

I have the Traxxas battery expansion kit & ESC fan, with both installed my bandit body won't fit. The ESC fan sits well above the mounting post on the rear shock tower. I have a rustler VXL body (haven't painted it yet) which may work, but I like the Bandit Body...Anybody else run into this problem? I swapped out the expansion kit spacers with the large ball ends for shock arms (enough to fit my SPC 3s 5000mah) but the esc fan is still above the body a little...thinking about dremmeling off the rear body mount and installing a battery post...

(really would not like to cut the body for it to fit)

RC Qualifier
    Try putting the ESC on the side opposite the receiver. I had to dremel off the side edge of the chassis but the ESC with fan fit under the bandit body. I can post pics if you want.

RC Qualifier
    I only use the post not the spacers on my rustler 5000mah battery
    Rustler Vxl Spc lipo 3s

RC Racer
    mount it on the side and youl be fine, just cut a out that vent that's in the body. i had that set up myself, now i have the mamba monster esc. on the same spot.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    Try putting the ESC on the side opposite the receiver. I had to dremel off the side edge of the chassis but the ESC with fan fit under the bandit body. I can post pics if you want.
    I would like to see the pics...how did you attach the ESC to the chassis? Also I don't think my esc wires are long enough to reach the other side...

RC Qualifier
    I'm probably using different electronics than you, but the dimensions should be similar and I am using that same battery. The ESC is held on with velcro and a zip tie. I drilled a hole the edge inside the battery tray for the the zip tie. The wires should definitely be long enough. I just pass the wire from the ESC to receiver and from fan to receiver under the battery. Finally, as you can see I had to dremel off the edge of the chasis for it to fit. It fit normally but with the fan and its zip ties it did not. The VXL might. I also sanded down inside the body in that spot a little to make it flatter

Last edited by joe831; 04-23-2012 at 10:28 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Guys!