Thread: Tire Compound

RC Qualifier

Tire Compound

Another question! I am looking at ProLine's tires for the Slash 2wd. What compound would be good for track racing and general offroad driving? I don't know what compound is for what purpose, but luckily I have people that are willing to help.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Champion
    This will be helpful I believe.....
    Softer compounds have more grip on harder surfaces but will wear quicker. In the grass doesn't make much difference on compound.
    http://prolineracing.com/images/howt...poundChart.pdf

Use a more aggressive lug for general offroad bashing. and a taller tire will let you make better progress in thick grass. Termchers look like they would be good for offroad.

I like my proline calibers for my small dirt track but i haven't tried anything else yet, maybe ill try something else later in the season.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    This will be helpful I believe.....
    Softer compounds have more grip on harder surfaces but will wear quicker. In the grass doesn't make much difference on compound.
    http://prolineracing.com/images/howt...poundChart.pdf
    i agree, but harder compounds can hold up to blue grove and carpet. if you have RC Car Action may 2012, tire options are there.
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Qualifier
    If you are on loose or loamy dirt you might want a harder compound - something that will punch through the loose top surface to find traction below. On a packed track a softer compound will provide better results. Harder compounds will last longer at the expense of traction while on packed or abrasive surfaces softer will give more traction at the expense of tire life.

I've had good all around experience with Proline M2 and M3 compounds.