RC poster

Question help :The car skids

hi

I have a problem

High-speed 'skids the rear and the car runs.
    I would like to know how I can improve the set ?

thanks

RC Qualifier
    Practice your throttle control
    XO-1 #4...

RC poster
    I thought I had to replace the springs with more 'hard

RC Qualifier
    maybe you just need to fine tune the ones that came with it first and then if you cant get it , try somthing else , but if people are hittin 100MPH with stock springs and stock setup then not sure ..maybe you are giving it to much throttle throwing the back end out

RC Racer
    Make sure the tires are up to temperature, and the surface has good grip. I tried some speed runs this last winter (45 degrees temp) and it was like driving on ice--spun out at 75 MPH and it blew over ruining a brand new body. Now I run that SAME parking lot on warm days with no problem whatsoever. I ALWAYS do some bashing to bring the tires up to temperature--like a real race car, this is vital! And, yes, practice throttle control.

RC Racer
    Do any of you guys play with the camber and caster or just leave it stock ?? I had a very hard time even getting mine to 50 without it going out of control and flying into the ditch.

RC Racer
    Stock camber and caster, with no problems. It's at 50+ where the wing and canards begin to suck the car down. The car handles better at 75 than it does at 50.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 NUT View Post
    Do any of you guys play with the camber and caster or just leave it stock ?? I had a very hard time even getting mine to 50 without it going out of control and flying into the ditch.
    your gettin on throttle too haRD TO SOON to much , but sometime you just have to let it hook . and it will go straight regardless , this thing will spin the wheels at 50 too just got somuch torque

RC Racer
    I now run slightly stiffer springs so I can run a lower ride height. I also run sway bars. And I also added some weight up front to keep the nose planted. As you can see, I also run a gyro (at 45 percent gain) which works great for high speed runs as well--Emaxx, you may want to try a gyro. (The gyro reacts MUCH quicker than you can to give corrective steering input for you--it can save your butt if it gets a bit loose at high speed.)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BSC View Post
    I now run slightly stiffer springs so I can run a lower ride height. I also run sway bars. And I also added some weight up front to keep the nose planted. As you can see, I also run a gyro (at 45 percent gain) which works great for high speed runs as well--Emaxx, you may want to try a gyro. (The gyro reacts MUCH quicker than you can to give corrective steering input for you--it can save your butt if it gets a bit loose at high speed.)

What model are the swaybars adapted from? They aren't for xo-1 are they?
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by emaxx2011 View Post
    hi

I have a problem

High-speed 'skids the rear and the car runs.
    I would like to know how I can improve the set ?

thanks
    The car will do top speed with no mods. Mine is completely stock. Added weight to front thats it. First thing you should do is turn down your steering %. Increase the expo. If your steering is as it came out of the box you have no hope. Like the other guys said : throttle control, warm the tires and make sure your running area is clean. The slightest bit of sand or dust can break it loose. Mine started to break loose around 80mph on the tiniest bit of dirt on road. Thats where the gyro could save you. If you set your steering properly and run on clean pavement you don't really need gyro.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Racer
    Sway bars are the from the Slash kit. They are for the XO-1, too.--perfect fit, and very functional.
    Last edited by BSC; 04-23-2012 at 07:32 PM.

RC Racer
    Judgegixxer--well said!

RC Qualifier
    Sway bars are the from the Slash kit. They are for the XO-1, too.--perfect fit, and very functional.
    Thats great! Now I need to order 2 sets instead of one. Thank you for info.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Racer
    Here is a photo of the rear ones. Item Number: TRA6898 (Slash 4x4 sway bar kit) gives you the front and rear for $21

RC poster
    Here is a photo of the rear ones. Item Number: TRA6898 (Slash 4x4 sway bar kit) gives you the front and rear for $21

what springs you used what color is the front and the rear ?

thank

RC Qualifier
    How much weight is on the front of that also does it change the handling of the car ?

RC Racer
    Twenty 1/4 oz weights are up there (about 140 grams). Keeps the front planted at high speed just in case it hits a bump (thus preventing a blowover), and also helps with the bad push this car has.

The springs are 2.0 rate double black stripe -- Part#5941 (just a bit stiffer than the stock springs). With these springs, I run the car a bit lower improving the ground-effect aerodynamics -- this also keeps air from getting under the car as much (which could result in a blowover), and the stiffer springs also help with the nose-diving under braking which scrapes the front wing on the ground. My car is VERY stable.

RC Racer
    Twenty 1/4 oz weights are up there (about 140 grams). Keeps the front planted at high speed just in case it hits a bump (thus preventing a blowover), and also helps with the bad push this car has.

The springs are 2.0 rate double black stripe -- Part#5941 (just a bit stiffer than the stock springs). With these springs, I run the car a bit lower improving the ground-effect aerodynamics -- this also keeps air from getting under the car as much (which could result in a blowover), and the stiffer springs also help with the nose-diving under braking which scrapes the front wing on the ground. My car is VERY stable.
    5941 you have entered the springs at the rear and at the front?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    How much weight is on the front of that also does it change the handling of the car ?
    So far I just locked an old padlock to the front for weight because thats all I have. For the same reasons as BSC. I don't even know how it drives without it. lol. I only have the stock springs so I just compressed them 2mm to keep the bottom from hitting. With 21km on the vehicle I only have a few scratches underneath. No signs of the front dragging the ground so far.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Racer
    My car wasn't undriveable because of too fast of acceleration. It would dart all over the road and got worse the faster it went. I got really bored waiting for my new ESC so I bought another X0-1. It was used very little and I got a good deal on it. I figured that how hard it is to order parts for the thing at my local hobby store it would be nice to have two of them. That way I always have parts. But anyways this new car handles awesome !!! My first car was definately set up bad when I got it.
    Can't wait to get my ESC tomorrow so I can get the other one back up running. Is it possible to run both cars off the same transmitter ?? I have a black car and a red car I'm thinking different colors different frequencies ?? I know that it doesn't run both cars right now. Any suggestions ??

RC Qualifier
    Run both cars at the same time with one transmitter?
    XO-1 #4...

RC Racer
    NO NO NO !! LOL !!!! I want to be able to run each car with one transmitter. Having two transmitters seems silly to me.

RC Qualifier
    Yes you can. Look at page sixteen in the manual.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by x0-1 00 View Post
    5941 you have entered the springs at the rear and at the front?
    5941s in all four corners

RC Racer
    a question please
    the spring 5041 are the best choice for a more stable '?

RC Qualifier
    First off, buy a gyro, that will help you electronicly. Then focus on mechanical stuff like springs. Just my opinions. We all need gyros for speedrunning. I even have a gyro when im walking in real life.