RC Racer

Need help getting a little faster!

So I put in some work and got you guys some picture and video of the track I race on and what I am running on it. The trucks in the video are 4x4 mod class qualiying and the track is hard packed clay. The faster 2x4 trucks run near 18 second laps and I am at around 21 - 23 second laps.

http://youtu.be/ByqYlvv7vK4

LCG, and a protrack kit. It will help you have higher corner speeds, and give you some much needed rear toe in for that slippery track.
    Last edited by rag6; 04-21-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Champion
    looks like new shoes for the race truck, maybe you can fine tune the slipper a bit differently if these hook up well for a little more bite on acceleration?
    Could moving the front shocks inward on the bottom help a bit to stiffen up the front end and get rid of a bit of roll??

Lots to learn from Rag6................the cutting edge speedster!

Check out the pics in my post "Racing starts tomorrow and I'm not ready". I have my lcog slash next to my stock slash and you can see the difference. I posted in the slash forum.

Based on my experience, you need to practice... A lot. See how much faster you are if you can make a lap without tipping.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    Lots to learn from Rag6................the cutting edge speedster!
    Easy now, I have been lucky with my initial setup at the track. I am not cutting edge by any means, but I do dream of modifications a couple times a week tho...
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Champion
    lcg will be your biggest improvement from what ive seen and heard. i got a strc lcg on order myself. everyone here is right. lcg and some good tires.

RC Racer
    When I had the shocks inside at the lower a-arm it did have more body roll. I have learned at least in my case that the farther out the lower shocks are, the less roll that I have.

RC Racer
    Is there a LCG kit that is more durable than others? On this track, if you come up short on the jumps it takes the hits HARD. I have already cracked one plastic stock chassis.

RC Racer
    Thank you guys for all the advice. I am slowly working at getting a fast truck. those 21-23 second laps have been cut down by practice from 25-28 second laps. So I may be able to improve more yet.