RC Racer

Need help getting a little faster!

So I put in some work and got you guys some picture and video of the track I race on and what I am running on it. The trucks in the video are 4x4 mod class qualiying and the track is hard packed clay. The faster 2x4 trucks run near 18 second laps and I am at around 21 - 23 second laps.

http://youtu.be/ByqYlvv7vK4

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    LCG, and a protrack kit. It will help you have higher corner speeds, and give you some much needed rear toe in for that slippery track.
    Last edited by rag6; 04-21-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    looks like new shoes for the race truck, maybe you can fine tune the slipper a bit differently if these hook up well for a little more bite on acceleration?
    Could moving the front shocks inward on the bottom help a bit to stiffen up the front end and get rid of a bit of roll??

Lots to learn from Rag6................the cutting edge speedster!

Check out the pics in my post "Racing starts tomorrow and I'm not ready". I have my lcog slash next to my stock slash and you can see the difference. I posted in the slash forum.

Based on my experience, you need to practice... A lot. See how much faster you are if you can make a lap without tipping.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    Lots to learn from Rag6................the cutting edge speedster!
    Easy now, I have been lucky with my initial setup at the track. I am not cutting edge by any means, but I do dream of modifications a couple times a week tho...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    lcg will be your biggest improvement from what ive seen and heard. i got a strc lcg on order myself. everyone here is right. lcg and some good tires.

RC Racer
    When I had the shocks inside at the lower a-arm it did have more body roll. I have learned at least in my case that the farther out the lower shocks are, the less roll that I have.

RC Racer
    Is there a LCG kit that is more durable than others? On this track, if you come up short on the jumps it takes the hits HARD. I have already cracked one plastic stock chassis.

RC Racer
    Thank you guys for all the advice. I am slowly working at getting a fast truck. those 21-23 second laps have been cut down by practice from 25-28 second laps. So I may be able to improve more yet.