Thread: emaxx or erevo

RC Champion

emaxx or erevo

tell me what you guys think and what one is more durable

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I had the same dilemma about 3 weeks ago. I just couldn't decide so I went with the E-Revo because I have a summit and the parts are all the same. I have a neighbour with an Emaxx though and we went for a rip today. On his stock NIMH packs that Emaxx was SWEET. It had every bit as much power as my 775 E-Revo did, maybe more. It was smaller but just a tiny bit and handled really well. I think the E-Revo was smoother on really rough terrain. I would say it appeared more "plush" where the Emaxx would bounce a bit and get kicked around, the E-Revo would soak up the exact same terrain without getting knocked off its course.

I like the Emaxx chassis layout better, its simpler. I also like the Emaxx battery trays better. Much easier to use IMO. But if Ihad to pick again after driving the Emaxx and the E-Revo, id still go E-Revo. Day 1 my neighbour broke his rear shock tower, which I know is a weak point and easy to fix. But after a bunch of really gnarly landings with the E-Revo Ive had no failures. Time will tell of course but I think the general consensus around these parts is that the E-Revo is more durable than the Emaxx... but either can be upgraded to be very very strong.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Thanks. You have been a big help. Im kind of stuck between the e-maxx, e-revo, and the summit. The only reason i really want the summit is because of the size of that thing. Also because it can crawl pretty well and it does have some good speed. I really wish that the revo came with the new tqi system though. Thats also why im leaning to the summit or emaxx. Whats the emaxx size compared to the summit?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The emaxx is maybe 2 inches shorter than the summit, maybe less. And just a tiny bit narrower. It's got less ground clearance though for sure.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    What about tire size?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    e-maxx stock tires 6.3" with 0 offset. Summit stock tires 7" with an 1/2 offset rims. E-revo same rims as summit but tires are like e-maxx.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Qualifier
    I now have both and I will be honest...not 100% impressed with the emaxx...but I LOVE the revo it's a beast!
    RustlerVXL&Nitro
    Jato 3.3
    Spartan
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    The revo is meant to be the newer generation e-maxx. It has better suspension, you can lower it down more or raise it higher than the e-maxx can realistically go, and the progressive rate is better in every condition. The center of gravity is better so it handles better in any condition. People say get the revo for racing and the e-maxx for bashing but a revo set up for bashing will out perform an e-maxx set up the same way. Durability wise they share the same drivetrain and steering knuckles, the main advantage for the revo is the hingepins will almost never break and the bulkheads are naturally stronger, also the revo has a better bumper and bumper mount design. That being said I am currently an owner of an older generation e-maxx, and I love it, a revo is going to be that much better. My nitro revo is sitting in my room waiting for the engine to be tuned up, hopefully I will convert to electric soon enough.
    I like turtles.

RC Competitor
    definitely e-revo... I've had both a E-maxx and a E-revo for over 5 years now. The e-maxx is one tough truck(5 years and only one broken skid!) but the E-revo is way more agile. The E-maxx feels like a bulldozer after driving my e-revo. I'd say if you have the money go for the E-revo BL.

RC Qualifier
    Ah, the old EMaxx or ERevo question. This is a hot one and dare I say it slightly contentious. Both Trucks are awesome and offer up something different for the pilot. The key factor to deciding is what you want the vehicle for. If you are planning on just doing rough terrain bashing and the likes, although both highly competent, in my opinion the EMaxx will give you what you are after. If you are after an all rounder that is equally at home in the street, go ERevo.

Mate, I am bias...Erevo. They are both great trucks and are unique in their own way.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    E-revo is your planning to upgrade to brushless in the future. The brushed E-revo is slower than e-maxx because of the extra weight. The E-revo gets really old quickly running slow. E-maxx brushed can go wheelies as its lighter and you can run it in the snow during winter.

RC Champion
    Well still seeing people posting on this thread even though i got my emaxx a month and a half ago. So far it does everything i need it to. And yes, it will pop wheelies
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Champion
    Erevo by far. Way better than any maxx truck. (If the maxx is stock!)
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    Erevo by far. Way better than any maxx truck. (If the maxx is stock!)
    You had the crappy maxx 3906 and though duct tape and super glue would make it hold up...your wrong.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

I really liked my emaxx until I broke a bulkhead, it sat on my worktable for a month before I got around to disassebling it to change both bulkheads out for aluminum. Didn't keep it long after that. But after reading a lot of posts on here and talking to a buddy that has the newer one it seems the longer chassis did a lot for durability with the emaxx.

I still like the revo better.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by minirevobasher View Post
    You had the crappy maxx 3906 and though duct tape and super glue would make it hold up...your wrong.
    Theres plenty of other reasons I said what I did. Even the new ones are not quite as durable as the revos even though I will admit that they are stronger than the older maxx trucks
    My friend has both and he agrees with me.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    Theres plenty of other reasons I said what I did. Even the new ones are not quite as durable as the revos even though I will admit that they are stronger than the older maxx trucks
    My friend has both and he agrees with me.
    Good for him. I have only broke one thing on my emaxx in 2 months after hundred of jumps and cart wheels.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC poster
    So what is the better all around basher since I will soon buy one or the other?????

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettster38 View Post
    So what is the better all around basher since I will soon buy one or the other?????
    Basher go for the maxx it won't bottom out easy. I kept braking rear toe links though so i went with the true track and its sweet.
    Racer go with the erevo. Lower center of gravity. It will bottom out quicker
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Qualifier
    Here: Hopes this makes your decision

As for the summit vs. emaxx size:

Last edited by revomaxx2223; 06-26-2012 at 12:00 AM.
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC Qualifier
    Sorry i messed up the pictures!
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx