Thread: Tires

RC Qualifier

Question Tires

Hey guys! Been a little while, had to step away from the internet for a little bit. Anyways, I'm back, and with a question! I am going to need some new tires for my Slash soon, and someone is opening up a track near my house. I was wondering what a good combination of bashing and racing tire would be. I have seen the Proline Bowties for the Slash, and I don't think that would be suitable for trail riding. Don't get me wrong, I love the BF's that it came with, but I might save some tread for trailing and general offroad bashing. I would like them to be premounted. Thanks!
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Champion
    You could look into some proline trenchers and mount them on beadlocks if you don't want to deal with glue. They should be perfect for off-road trail running and ok for the track
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I'll look into them. What rim do you recommend? I know Proline has some, but when I select the Slash VXL as my kit, no rims come up.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

If you will be driving strictly off road, Proline Calibers are great on dirt tracks. Proline Badlands are good for a mix of terrain like grass, dirt, rocks, but neither tire will last long on pavement.

The Trenchers look good but I've never tried them.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BanditTransit View Post
    I'll look into them. What rim do you recommend? I know Proline has some, but when I select the Slash VXL as my kit, no rims come up.
    Well if you're not worried about adding weight and don't want to glue the tires, I would recommend the pro-line split six beadlock rims.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    Well if you're not worried about adding weight and don't want to glue the tires, I would recommend the pro-line split six beadlock rims.
    I think someone here has a line on carbon fiber rings for the split six rims that make them almost as light as glue wheels .

RC Qualifier
    I was looking at RC4wd's beadlock too, comes in a pack of 4 for 29.95. It is compatible with Proline and their tires, so it should be a good deal.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL