RC Qualifier

Out the Box ready to Upgrade!

Just got my first Traxxas and wow... I've already been looking at all the customizations available and I don't know where I want to start. Obviously I will need to upgrade to the Lipo batteries with the parallel or series connector but then where do I go? What are the "must have" upgrades? I saw a roll cage and could see it's practical use but do you guys have any other "must have" upgrades to really get this thing rolling?

RC Competitor
    Depends on how long you want to drive it before it breaks...

RPM a-arms are a MUST. I personally like the RPM True-Track kit for the back, but it's not necessary.

Summit shafts will become a MUST if you drive it hard enough for long enough. 2 months and I broke my first drive-axle last weekend.

Tires/Wheels, depending on what you plan to do with it. The stock Talons are a decent all terrain tire and have worn well for me running them on asphalt a lot but they don't hook up as well as I'd like in dirt or grass. I really like my Proline Badlands, but they stay away from the asphalt!

For me, a new body became a priority very quickly. I beat mine up in no time, but I really like my new Proline Slipstream body. Same basic profile, can easily be vented and is probably 3 times as thick as the stock body.

RC Competitor
    parallel or series? Did you get the 1/16th scale?

RC Qualifier
    If you bought the 1/10 erevo I'd suggest the castle link to make adjustments to the esc
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the feedback.. I've been "tooling' about on thetoyz.com for the last week lol! And here's what I'm going to go with...

Motor Mount with Cooling fan
    Alluminum Rocker Arms
    RPM A-Arms Front and Back
    Steel Skid Plate Front, Middle, Rear

Still running the stock out of box battery though.. It's pretty fun and all, no standing backflips and still uncertain on running lipos' aka what I actually need to get . I've been going through the forums and it looks like two 2s Lipos Parallel would get me longer run times and more speed. Then there is the question of the gears! Haven't changed the gears out to the one that came extra in the box and nervous on screwing it up when I do. Obviously this is a noob post (because it's so long) what's the best gears to run? When I'm seraching on the site there is like 100 different gears to choose from should I even entertain this or just stick to what came in the box. I need a bottom line up front on gearing.. I want 50+ MPH what do i need to accomplish that!

RC Racer
    Did you get a 1/16 Erevo or 1/10 Erevo? this is the 1/10 Erevo section of the forum.
    *ERBE
    *Rustler MMP 1410
    *T-Maxx 2.5
    *MERV

RC Qualifier
    EPIC FAIL on my part then lol.. 1/16

RC Qualifier
    It happens all the time, no worries! (Unless, of course, your Land Nav skills are about the same, in which case, I pray for you brother! hehehehe)
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    It happens all the time, no worries! (Unless, of course, your Land Nav skills are about the same, in which case, I pray for you brother! hehehehe)
    **** nope Land Nav skills, Map reading I'm good to go.. RC Talk, Forums etc Still in Basic Training.. Luckily LongIsland Squared me away!