RC Racer

XO-1, my effort so far.

I picked up a cheap roller and well what can I say, thank god I'm only ito toy's,
    I'd be like this

This car is sick, the neu 1527 motor rock's but it needs to be driven as would a true supercar, I love it!!!!
    After testing and learning how to drive with the first 3 pack's I begun getting cocky and the result's are shown in it pic's below. The car need's to be driven with respect, there's no looking around quickly to see if there's a car comming, too quick. The time it move's from a-b is just stupid, my heart raced with adrenaline all day, I'm not going to go on like a made nut for a change, all I'll say is the 25t-46t gearing is more than enough for a set of tires until I get better with this thing.
    After my third pack the night was setting in along with the cold. On the third pack, I was gaining confidence running quick for a few hundred meters and then drifting around and into it again on the way back past me hugging a 70 degree bend and punching into another streight for about 100 meter's, then drift around and back and so on. After changing to the forth battery I was a little too keen to get going quick again and only messed around drifting for a short time, this is not a great idea. I punched it away from me for about 200+meters and then spun it around toward myself and let it launch and I notice it getting a little out of shape but I pushed through it and it was on me like a fly, instead of hugging the bend it slid past me sideway's heading off road so I corrected it just in time but didn't slow it enough before it hit the dirt and grass and launched flying across the grass with a very nasty front splitter landing that dig in breaking and sending the car into the fastest roll/flip/cartwheel I've ever seen, WWOOWW!!!!! did my heart race, what a sight, it was like something you might see on tv after some poor dude's been killed.
    Our guess was about right, the 25t/46t gearing give around 70-80mph, I ran a lot of high 60's, then snuck it out to 74mph on the crash run, always the way, you go that little bit too hard on the last pack of the day. The MMM seemed to hold up to thing's well enough but I'll be stoked once the xl2 arrives, the mmm's fan coped a work out as it was a very nice afternoon which didn't help too much. Temps all stayed safe but the mmm's would be pushing hard. The 5000mah ****'s got me around 30-40 minutes of speed runs with drifting bends leading back into speed runs, plenty fine for me, I recon I get the same buzz as I would if I was to get in a 1:1 I'm sure glad today hasn't cost me 1/2 mil.

Good read, but please keep it clean.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-21-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: language
    http://www.youtube.com/user/1millzee?feature=mhum

RC Champion
    Haha great read.

What esc is in that lump behind your motor? You have a different setup that's for sure.

RC Racer
    I hacked away at it and added a few things, it work's well enough for me. The esc is the castle MMM, I have a xl2 comming and will be much happier with that for what I want to acheive with the car in the long run. Does anyone know if rpm are making arms for this thing yet, this one broke, lol.
    Well done traxxas, this thing is strong, for the 30 meter crash I was waiting for the impact that sent pieces everwhere but only the splitter, hat's off to you, you guy's have really done well from what I've seen today We'll see
    Last edited by millzee01; 04-20-2012 at 12:09 PM.

RC Champion
    Did you bend that missing spline shaft? I think the slash 4x4 rpm arms fit.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for sharing that experience!

I will try get familiar to the handling with a 23 pinion...

Would you like to explain your goals/ aims with that xl2+ XO-1?

Thanks!

RC Racer
    it's nothing really, just the thought that I can flog it aroung drifting doing all the wrong things a 6s speedo shouldn't do and get away with it for a full 40 minutes driving. I go walking the streets late at night when no one is around, this way it's only me, a few cop's and taxi drivers and I can run a muck up and down the main street, the sound echoing of the high shop buildings cause this this to sound like an F1 as it winds out, sounds lamn, but I love it. I deck the bodies of my truck's, car's and boat's so I can use them at night after the kid's (and wife) are in bed, MY TIME + the thought in the back (dream)of my head that one day I may have opportunity to hover in a chopper above and drive the 1:1 track, eg. Calder or Phillip Island. Sounds nut's but with camera gear these day's, anything is achievable. I recon on 8s (and this set up would do it easy) at 50,400 RPM and the correct gearing, 200mph+ could be reached if everything panned out right and the car held the surface. It's always nice to dream.

RC Qualifier
    They do sound cool at top speed. Your description of driving between the tall buildings at night makes me visualize the "Back to the future" movie with your XO-1 in place of the delorean. lol What do you mean "I deck the bodies so I can use them at night?" Led lights?
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    Good luck with the 200 mph dream. I have been dreaming a 130 mph dream and when I wake up and look at my bank account I realize I will have to stick with 102 for now!
    XO-1+Wind=(XO-1+Curb)x2=Me-XO-1=Me+Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    I got my new arms and a few spare including a clear body yesterday, as soon as I get some paint's I'll show you what I mean about LED night driving. I love the back to the future theme, nice idea.

RC Qualifier
    how much did that gear cost?
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Racer
    here's a few of my merv I've did up and sold to a mate. They look cool, light's flashing past super fast.

RC Qualifier
    I want some of those lite strips who makes them?
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    do you just stick them with the sticky side on the outside of the body ?

Judge , you can find them on Ebay allday .. Not sure if your guys autoparts stores sells them but here in US almost all Major name Autozone,pepboys, sells them in their ricer section

RC Racer
    search "waterproof LED strip" the golden looking ones are the better ones, not the ******* ones
    Last edited by Double G; 05-06-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: banned website removed

RC Racer
    I've finished my night drifter body, for now!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    I want some of those lite strips who makes them?
    I buy them in 5 meter rolls off of eBay for the same price of two feet at AutoZone.

My latest led job looks like a ball of white plasma!
    Last edited by BL-Bob; 05-06-2012 at 10:06 AM.

RC Racer
    nice 1000'th post, but what's it mean, what's your latest job and what's autozone?

RC Qualifier
    How do you power these LEDs? Extra 9V block bat or through the RX?

Nice paint job! Are the yellow "stripes" on the side/ front stickers or paint?

Please post a pic with less ambient light.
    Thanks!

PS: I believe "Auto Zone" is a car repair shop/ branch in the USA.

RC Racer
    I have 4.2 meters of these strips in a Yacht and run them on a 4s 5000mah **** and she's real bright and after an hour and a half the lipo's just under 1/2 empty. Weight restrictions in the merv lowered the lipo to a 2500mah 3s ***** in the pic's above.
    For the XO-1 I have ordered ubec, I'll solder this behind the battery connector leads and plug it into the light's for 12-13volt, that'll be plenty bright.

RC Champion
    A 12v LED bec on a 6s system is not necessary. You could series two 12v LED circuits together or tap 12v out of one of your 3s balancing tap.
    Project: UDO

Unidentified Driving Object

RC Racer
    Nice!! I was in two minds on the DM-1 or the xo-1 but with this cheap new roller, I couldn't go past it. Thanks for the tip on powering the light's.

RC Racer
    done

RC Racer
    I thought I might share the build with you guy's, I won't go into too much detail, it's all pretty basic.
    The car was picked up as a new roller and I had the choice to put either a castle 1717 1580kv or the Neu 1527 1500kv motor and after running the 1717 hard in an XXL and a few different boat's, I figured I'd go with the 1527 so I could one day open her up and run 8s knowing the motor will love it rather than kill it. To be able to run 8s I went up to the Mamba XL2 speedo, the data logging is awesome but it'd be nicer if it held the top speed, you can't have everything. The electronic's don't break a sweat runnings a 6s 5000mah 45-90c ********** lipo for up to around 30-40 minutes of off/on drifting and thrashing about, longer if I'm just walking the street's playing about. Here's a few pic's of the body.

RC Racer
    The day I received the roller I stripped out the traxxas plastic's and re-fitted with a aluminium servo mount, hitec 7955 servo, neu 1527 and a mamba monster speedo with external castle BEC. This set up ran well enough to end my 4 hour driving session with a cold tire 75mph "super" crash that was my PB for cartwheels by both number and speed resulting only with a broken rear lower a-arm, front splitter and plenty of scratches on the stock body. This was a nice lesson to learn early on......, I can't drive. I am happy to run 6s and gear it with a 25t pinion and 50t spur, 75% punch control, throttle curve and plenty of brake, this is a good fun set up that can still get you in heaps of trouble if your heavy on the trigger, I'm finding that if you drive like a ****, it'll cost you just as it would with a real sport's car, only on a scale ratio.

After the crash the carbon chassis and a couple of goodies arrived so it was build time anyway. I've found myself hopping up everything I buy, sometime before I've driven the model, this time I'm only going to up-grade things as needed. On the list so far is the A-arms, way to brittle (for my poor driving).

The first thing I needed was a safe home for the battery. I used a cabon fiber battery tray and made a side plate out of 2mm c/f sheet. The side plate act's as both a battery support and protection from the drive shaft and shaft support bearings. The tray is raised by c/f blocks so I can get the velcro straps under and around the battery and sticky back 5mm rubber foam added between the c/f and battery. The velcro strap's needed to be longer so I joined 2 by applying ca glue on the velcro's "hook" side, locking the velcro closed and then stitching with 80lb braid to reinforce it.

RC Racer
    My first crash also taught me that my motor needed to be more secure in the event of a prang so I measured the gap between the 1527's aluminium (boat) rear support mount and the c/f side plate on the battery tray and made a spacer to suit and bolted it up, no more side movement!...

The aluminium cooling can on the motor is a water cooling can made for the motor, I cut and drilled to allow the air to be caught in the spaces and hopefully help cool the motor(I don't need any of this for 6s, it's just incase I decided to unleash 8s at some stage in the future). I applied thermal paste in the small gap where the water would normally be for heat transfer, gotta be better than nothing and it'll be a while before this motor see's any heat.

RC Racer
    I played around with the shock mount's a little to gain some ride height but I think I'll need to re-adjust the front end as it's riding a little high. The white springs lasted about 3 minutes until I had them srewed so far down I figured I may as well put the red(green mark) springs back, a lot firmer.

I did my best to keep the weight dispersed evenly in both length and width, the battery forward of the motor along with the 2x 2500mah 3s LED batteries up front counteracts the weight of the motor side. The COG is just forward of center so the front wheel's stay on the ground a little better.

I was also able to keep the weight low with this set up, the 1717 add's weight at a higher point.

I have received a few set's of wheel's, ofna rim's in bright yellow for night and chrome for day with taped PL road rage tire's and extra mod firm rear foam's and firm front foams, I'm not sure how they'll go but if they last a few night's they'll be good for ripping around the street's, I'll keep you posted.

RC Qualifier
    so this is what you been doing since u havnt posted in a while ..great work looks nice .. love to see that motor on 8S 34pinion 54 spur
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    you can try it if you wish, I'll sell it to you, my roads can't handle this car so I'll let someone do it for me.
    This car will be for sale as a package that has a pit box full of spare for the driveline, diffs and a couple of set's of new un glued tires and rims. The package would suit someone chasing real speed, the money's been spent, the works been done but never really tested, the night drifter video was one of only a few runs of this car and electronic's, it's only been through easy testing a couple of times, anyone interested should look for it on the sales threads soon. I have just packed all the spares in a tool box and written everything down, it's one and a half pages long so it'll take a little time to figure out a price and it'll be a pack only sale.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by millzee01 View Post
    you can try it if you wish, I'll sell it to you, my roads can't handle this car so I'll let someone do it for me.
    This car will be for sale as a package that has a pit box full of spare for the driveline, diffs and a couple of set's of new un glued tires and rims. The package would suit someone chasing real speed, the money's been spent, the works been done but never really tested, the night drifter video was one of only a few runs of this car and electronic's, it's only been through easy testing a couple of times, anyone interested should look for it on the sales threads soon. I have just packed all the spares in a tool box and written everything down, it's one and a half pages long so it'll take a little time to figure out a price and it'll be a pack only sale.

Have 2 xo-1s allready and XL2 just need to find the right motor ... How much do those 1527 sell for ?

RC Racer
    a 34t pinion with 46 spur would be far too hairy for me and my roads here in the countryside so it's now for sale. The Neu 1527's sell for $300, cooling can $25 and the motor mount $75.

I'm selling the night drifter as a package, it will suit someone with a spektrum transmitter looking for a almost ready to run 100+MPH or a drifter set up, at the moment it's tuned as was in the night drifter movie. I live in a small country town and our roads simply arn't good enough for me to find the models full potential safely, find a long smooth road, a fast car to chase it with and see how fast you can make it go on 8s with high gearing, try putting a few pinion/spur combo's through http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

The pictorial history for the short time I've had the model is here, so you know what your getting.
    http://s1219.photobucket.com/albums/...ee/Mod%20XO-1/

The package comes with the listed items below and will not be split, the model and electronic's have only been ran a few times on 4s and 6s with no true load put on the system. Someone with a marine capable Spektrum radio can bind with the MR200 RX, plug in suitable lipo's with 8mm connectors and be off running a muck.

This pic's was just taken it's how you'll get it

Package Includes*

*most parts are new in original pack's

Traxxas XO-1 model #6407 - will come in original box. All book's and manual, bought as a roller, been ran for short testing and night drifter video, it had one ripper crash that broke the rear a-arm and has been replaced with a slash 4x4 arm set. The front splitter hit a concrete and broke during the drift session so that's how it is, cheap fix. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tter-Extension The stock body has only been ran one or two times but has a few scratches and the 12volt waterproof LED body was used to one or two times and has scratches but both still look good and function as they should. The stock chassis plate has been replaced with an Xtreme carbon chassis and the upper support the is a Jarmin product. The alloy servo mount is more than strong enough to hold the near new Hitech HS 7955 TG servo that has plenty of grunt. The carbon battery tray has beem made from 2mm and 2.5mm carbon sheet and has rubber foam support, the front section that supports between the lipo and ths strap has seperated from the tray and neesa re-JB weilding but I kept running it with it placed there and all still functions as it should, another 2minute job.

-Neu 1527 1.5d 1500kv brushless motor
    -Castle Mamba XL2 electronic speed controller
    -Spektrum MR200 RX
    1x 34t High Speed pinion, 1x 25t pinion
    1x 54t Spur, 1x 50t spur, 2x 46t spur
    4x red shocks with green
    4x white shocks with blue
    2x Cush drive dampers #6465
    2x Cush Housings #6464
    1x Cush input shaft #6466
    2x Drive hubs #6888
    2x Drive hubs #6888x
    2x rear ring gears #6879
    2x ring gear diff/pinion #5379x
    2x Heavy duty carriers #3978
    2x Diff gear set's #6882x
    1x A-arms #3655x
    2x Canards splitters #6433
    2x Sets (8x) of brand new Proline road rage tires #9012-00
    1x Set brand new Proline closed cell foam inserts #6115-02
    1x Set (4x) Ofna Vspoke Chrome rims #86030
    2x Sets (8x) Ofna Dual Spoke yellow rims #86035
    a pack of large body clips all packed into a tool box that act's as a good work stand for the car.

This package has cost over $2500au, I will send it reg post anywhere (within reason) for $1650au. Paypal only, no splitting pack.

RC Racer
    price drop, now only $1500 delivered, one week only

RC Racer
    If this car package doesn't sell by Saturday 23rd it'll become a short course truck.

RC Racer
    well at least you know I mean what I say, here's the truth

RC Qualifier
    great vid , nice tunes , kids must be loving it ..

RC Racer
    thanks, we all had a wonderful time making the movie, it was a great day all around.

I fitted some losi xxt truggy wheels tonight and it's made it perfect, looks and width are nice and theres room to turn the front wheels. I'll need to trim the body to stop any rubbing and get this thing back out in the dirt, the extra ride height is going to mean I can swap the red/green springs back out with the white/blue to allow a smoother feel and better turning, bring on the jumps.

RC Qualifier
    cant wait to see this thing jump...

RC Racer
    Is it for sale now ?? LOL !!! WOW !!!