RC Champion

brushed e revo or summit?

I can't decide what one to get. I'm mostly looking for size and something that handles well offroad.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    What I did was buy the summit and make it INTO an E-Revo. It was cheaper than buying an E-Revo on its own. But it really depends on what type of capabilities you want the truck to have. Do you WANT to crawl... ever? Do you want to jump alot? Do you want it to be fast?

If you want to do any type of crawling the summit is probably the better choice. Both trucks have about the same top speed in high gear but the summit can have both its diffs locked and can be put in low speed for crawling.

On the other hand, the summit is a BEAST of a truck and has straight rate suspension... so it doesnt handle as well as the E-Revo and it doesnt land jumps as well. You can new, more racy wheels and tires for the summit and get the E-Revo suspension parts to make it jump better. But those parts will hurt its ability to crawl... so you need to decide what you want to do most, and get the truck that will do THAT the best.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Thanks. On rcplanet.com, the revo is $460. The summit is $560. I really do want the summit. Do you wish you would of kept your summit the same instead of changing it into a revo? How much was it ti convert it?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I still have a summit so I'm not missing anything. I actually wish I'd got an e-revo tranny as well... I'll never use the 2 speed and it has more slop than I'd like. But I like the extended wheel base and summit driveshafts. I like this e-revo a lot, but I'll never sell my summit.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Hahahahaha. I was actually just going to ask you to sell your summit. What one does better off road?